two duplicates from August 8th and 9th

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Mon Aug 18 13:22:07 EDT 1997

This is a message from the maintainer of b5jms.

The following two messages are duplicates that you have already seen more
than a week ago:

	"from jms: last word (SiL spoilers, according to the moderators)"
	"JMS on CompuServe (Aug 09, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*"

Once in a while, a really bad mailer out there will bounce messages in a
manner not conformant with RFCs, resulting in a repost.  Those of you who've
been on b5jms long enough may recall this had happened in the past.  While
this particular problem happens maybe 2-3 times a year, it is not easily
stoppable, and is likely to occur again.

My policy had been, and still is, that I automatically remove *every*
subscriber from a domain that has such a terribly misconfigured mailer.
Even just one small message, sent to over 3500 subscribers of b5jms, results
in lots of wasted resources and time on everyone's part.  Hence the "harsh"
policy.

B5JMS Poster.
Maintainer, B5JMS and B5JMS-DIGEST lists.
<b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu>