JMS on CompuServe (Jun 19, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* (2/2)

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Jun 20 02:35:41 EDT 1997

 [ Continued from previous section -- BB ]

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #678470-#It had to happen.....
    Sb: #678639-UK Videos - S3
    Sb: #678767-<Intersections/TV Guide>

 #: 678470 S5/Babylon 5: General
    18-Jun-97  15:52:15
Sb: #It had to happen.....
Fm: KATHLEEN  . KEEFE

Going through back issues of the local (very small town) paper this weekend, I
found the following in the birth announcement.  Details have been severely
edited to protect the besotted:

Born to <...>, <date>, a daughter, Delenn.

And I'm not making this up.....

 #: 678843 S5/Babylon 5: General
    19-Jun-97  21:36:48
Sb: #678470-#It had to happen.....
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Would love it if you could send me a copy of the clipping; I'll give it
to Mira myself.

                                                                    jms

(Address as always is me via B5 at 14431 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 260, Sherman
Oaks, CA 91423.)

 #: 678639 S5/Babylon 5: General
    19-Jun-97  12:58:11
Sb: #UK Videos - S3
Fm: COLIN HEAPS

Hi Joe,
We were watching the UK video release No.22 (Convictions) tonight, when I noted
that when the bomber was spotted by Brother Theo and co. all of the screens in
the room were showing the standard EA symbol - even as Theo said "That's the
one", pointing to a now blank monitor. Convinced that the images were not the
same I checked my tape from the TV ep. Sure enough, the correct video composite
was being shown on the monitor screens.
  Don't know if you were already aware of it, but thought I'd pass it on, seems
something got lost in the re-edit.

IMHO I do think that showing the fight scene in full works better, (though the
TV version inter-cutting the CGI "escape" from the reactor also heightened
tension). Another lift was the stronger language between G'kar and Londo at the
end, giving more feeling to their situation.

Regards,

ColKai.

 #: 678844 S5/Babylon 5: General
    19-Jun-97  21:36:50
Sb: #678639-UK Videos - S3
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Apparently they took the episode from an early copy delivered to PR, not
the final version with all the comps in it.  It'll be corrected down the
road...consider it an inadventant collector's item.

                                                                    jms

   in Real Time," which indicates that we should have seen scenes between
   Franklin and Garibaldi. ]

 #: 678845 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    19-Jun-97  21:36:52
Sb: #678767-<Intersections/TV Guide>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That came from an early version of the script, before we decided to shunt
that material over to a later episode.