ATTN JMS: The power of B5

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat May 24 06:19:04 EDT 1997

From: "Janet K. Christian" <janetc at ink.apple.com>
Date: 22 May 1997 11:06:04 -0400

I wanted to briefly share an experience I had the other evening. I drove
halfway across town to buy the hard-to-find "Messages from Earth" Babylon 5
CD. I popped it in on the drive home, figuring I'd just enjoy the nice
music. :-)

The first thing I did was listen to all 4 season main title sequences one
after the other. Doing so it is very clear how the moods and energies
change over the four years. I always knew that but hearing the sequences
back to back brought it forth in vivid detail. It actually made the hair on
the back of my neck "stand up" a few times.

I then began the CD over again and let it play through. Joe, Chris' music
is so powerful, and the images from B5 are still so strongly held in me,
that I found myself shivering and crying several times while listening. I
could see in my mind's eye Earth Force's attack on Mars, their attack of
Babylon 5, Delenn's pain when she discovered John had gone to Z'ha'dum,
John's pain when he realized he had no choice but to jump, and many other
power scenes recalled from my soul by the music.

I just wanted to say 'thank you' for the deeply powerful and moving gift
you have given us. And please share with Chris that his music compares, to
me, with classic opera in its ability to recall within me the images and
scenes for which the music was written.

Deep regards,
Janet Christian

((sysop: permission to repost wherever/whenever))

"You just gotta learn to dance while life is throwing chainsaws and
chickens at you...after the first few cuts and pecks, it's easy."
-- J. Michael Straczynski, Executive Producer, Writer,  and
Creative Genius Behind Babylon 5 (which won the 1996 Hugo award!)