JMS on CompuServe (Sep 17, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Sep 17 22:22:43 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #701408-#Severed Dreams DVD
    Sb: #701228-DS9 = Babylon5 So what?
    Sb: #701481-Severed Dreams DVD
    Sb: #701505-Severed Dreams DVD
    Sb: #701658-Atonement

 #: 701449 S5/Babylon 5: General
    17-Sep-97  01:19:24
Sb: #701408-#Severed Dreams DVD
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I just recently got DVD, and I have to say I'm very impressed.  I'd
thought that it would be a marginal difference...but it's actually a quite
substantial difference.  The resolution on-screen is amazing.  When I'm
watching a laserdisk, I'm still aware of this being a film of the thing; here,
it's just the thing...like watching a glossy photo that moves.  It has more
features, better quality, killer audio, more flexibility, and costs less than
LDs.  I'm sold.

                                                                    jms

   what?" ]

 #: 701573 S3/Star Trek: DS9
    17-Sep-97  12:15:19
Sb: #701228-DS9 = Babylon5 So what?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Here's the "so what" part of it....

       If we allow for the moment, just the moment and no more, that perhaps it
did happen as I and others think it might have happened...that Paramount
influenced the development of DS9 to co-opt B5....

       Imagine that you have just spent five years building a custom car. And
before you can even take it out of the garage, someone nabs it.  And every day
thereafter, they drive it up and down your street, and everyone talks about
what a great car it is, and how the other car you still have is okay, and
should't we be happy that the neighborhood has *both* cars to look at?

       And if you commented on it, and someone told you, "so what?" I wonder
what your reaction would be.

                                                                       jms

   released on DVD?" ]

 #: 701692 S5/Babylon 5: General
    17-Sep-97  17:58:17
Sb: #701481-Severed Dreams DVD
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Well, eventually...but when that will be is anyone's guess.

                                                                       jms

 #: 701693 S5/Babylon 5: General
    17-Sep-97  17:58:19
Sb: #701505-Severed Dreams DVD
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It has 2x and 8x forward and backward, with perfect clarity of picture,
and perfect still frame.

                                                                       jms

   the Earth ships target the Minbari?  How could the Earth ships have
   damaged the Minbari ship(s) so badly?  Why did the Earth ships have
   so many fighters flying about?  And why weren't Marcus and Franklin
   strapped down if they were in zero gee? ]

 #: 701694 S5/Babylon 5: General
    17-Sep-97  18:06:31
Sb: #701658-Atonement
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       They targeted visually, it was close enough to do so.

       A hit with full guns of a major destroyer and accompanying ships will
kill damn near any single ship that does not have some kind of defensive screen
going (fighers or counter-lasers or missiles or the like).

       The fighters were launched in main while on approach.

       Franklin and Marcus *were* strapped in, which if you look more closely
you can see.