JMS: sigs and baiting

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Jan 4 06:22:42 EST 1998

From: Steve Levinthal <steve at levgroup.com>
Date: 3 Jan 1998 12:51:54 -0700

JMS said on 12/31 around 09:00:

>I started including a sig on the net because I kept getting emails asking for
>the address of the fanclub site, and my own, so I figured this would take
>care
>of it.
>
> jms
>
>(jmsatb5 at aol.com)
>B5 Official Fan Club at:
>http://www.thestation.com

Duh, there's a fanclub?  How can I find out more about it?  :::running:::

Jesting aside, Captain Infinity later in the day implied that you canned
Claudia when he said:

>Actually, it made me wonder if leaving was her choice.

I'm going to speak as I would to a friend, Joe.  You responded to him.
Don't go there.

The situation's dead, gone, and in the past.  Yes, there are people who
won't ever believe you, and who won't accept that you wrote two seasons
worth of episodes yourself, and on and on, but the vast majority of us
accept what you and so many other castmembers reported about the incident
with Claudia.  Life's too short, and you don't have to give this kind of
garbage the attention it doesn't deserve.  Most believe you did
everything possible to get her to stay.

I was at the time primarily concerned about the loss of what seemed to be
a good friend of yours, and how that would affect you (and selfishly from
my perspective, your writing).  When I saw you and Claudia chatting live
on AOL a few years ago, I read genuine respect and affection from both of
you.  It couldn't have been as simple as just losing an employee, and it
really burns my britches people haven't stopped to realize that you
probably took a personal shot to the gut when she failed to sign.

    Steve

>When I saw you and Claudia chatting live
>on AOL a few years ago, I read genuine respect and affection from both of
>you.  It couldn't have been as simple as just losing an employee, and it
>really burns my britches people haven't stopped to realize that you
>probably took a personal shot to the gut when she failed to sign.

Steve...you have no idea.

Thanks.  It needed saying.