[B5JMS] Where is JMS? In the past he defended Sins Past

b5jms at cs.columbia.edu b5jms at cs.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 11 03:21:54 EDT 2004

From: "Jim Wilkerson" <jwilkerson at t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:46:36 +0200

"Jms at B5" wrote:

> If someone attacks, that's good, but if someone defends, that person is an
> "apologist" or a "so-and-so worshipper" and beaten down and insulted for
> expressing the same right to hold an opinion as the one who attacked in
the
> first place.

I'm going to respond as I have called Andrew a "JMS apologist".  There's a
big difference between supporting someone, or view, with points to back it
up and blindly supporting someone without any firm basis to counter the
other side.  My use of the term was using for him engaging in the latter.
That's an "apologist" in my book.  Bring some substance to the table to back
your view and I won't the term.

Hell it's clear Andrew hadn't even read the comics he was arguing about...

> And as for those who puff themselves up like pouter-pigeons and say they
speak
> for ALL fandom, for ALL readers...I'm from New Jersey.  I was born in New
> Jersey.  I may even speak for some New Jerseyans.
>
> But I am NOT New Jersey.

But you probably know the best way the natives get from Jersey to Manhattan
because of your experience.  And, JMS, I'd look carefully at the uproar and
where it's coming from.  To be encouraged or propped up by the minority that
support this storyline is a mistake.  That segment will not support ASM in
the numbers required for the comic to survive as a monthly.

Frankly, I haven't seen this much ire directed at a Spidey story since the
Clone Saga (Chap One was close) and we all know how well that turned out,
creatively and commercially...

Jim Wilkerson

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
Date: 11 Oct 2004 00:10:08 GMT

>But you probably know the best way the natives get from Jersey to Manhattan
>because of your experience.  And, JMS, I'd look carefully at the uproar and
>where it's coming from.  To be encouraged or propped up by the minority that
>support this storyline is a mistake.  That segment will not support ASM in
>the numbers required for the comic to survive as a monthly.

Show your math, please, in order to back up this statistic.

You made a specific statement, so you must have those figures at hand.  Please
provide them.