To JMS: Congratulations!! <DL Spoilers>

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri Oct 20 06:33:27 EDT 1995

Subject: To JMS: Congratulations!! <DL Spoilers>
+  1: Oct 15, 1995: af572 at rgfn.epcc.edu (Christian M Gadeken)
*  2: Oct 19, 1995: straczynski at genie.geis.com

From: af572 at rgfn.epcc.edu (Christian M Gadeken)

	Dear JMS:

When we first met Talia, she was completely dependent.  Like
the litany says, the Corps was her father and mother, it fed
and clothed her, and her loyalty was absolute.

Over time, through her meetings with Ironheart, her contact
with Ivanova, and the encouter with the runaway telepaths
in "Race," she grew away from the Corps, and began to define
her identity seperately.  Ironheart's gift gave her potential
as a weapon against the Corps, but more important was the
proof that a fundamentally decent person, even if raised
their whole lives by the corrupt, still had a chance to
choose their own path.

And in the end, all her words of friendship and loyalty
to Ivanova, all the courage she'd shown in breaking away
from the only "family" she'd ever known, all the possibilities
that life held for her --- in an eyeblink, all was rendered
meaningless.

And all *I* have to say to you, Mr. Straczynski, is:
Congratulations, you manipulative SOB.  You've managed to
get me sufficiently involved in your world that I'm really
and truly upset about what's happened there.

Oh--but don't worry about me leaving.  I couldn't bear to
not get to see the b******s who were responsible for this
get their comeuppance.

And if anybody's wondering why I'm so upset.....I suggest
you go contemplate the World As Myth hypothesis for a while.

Christian Gadeken                    af572 at rgfn.epcc.edu

	Darling ni kawatte, oshioki daccha!
			-SaiLUMoon