JMS on CompuServe (Mar 31, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett brent.barrett at 24stex.com
Wed Apr 3 18:00:08 EST 1996

 [ Sorry, I have been under the weather recently.
   I haven't posted in two days.  Here are the
   posts for those days, plus today. -- BB ]

 [ Note from Brent: Before you ask, no I cannot forward
   your questions to JMS.  He has asked that questions
   not originating from CIS accounts not be posted to
   CIS.  He encourages all of us to wait for the
   moderated USENET group, to which he plans to
   subscribe. ]

 #: 478424 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Mar-96  01:15:30
Sb: #VQT Ratings &Endorsement
Fm: WILLIAM H. DIPAOLA

Joe,
        Care to make a comment about this? It's unnofficial, of course, which
is why I'm asking you about it. I'm wondering if you heard anything on it.

Message From B5 Message Board on AOL Under "B5Ratings"

Subj:  Re:VQT News
Date:  96-03-30 00:07:18 EST
From:  RedQueen5

Well, its in!  Just heard from Pigdog that VQT took a full page out in a trade
publication listing the endorsed shows and, well, guess what?  B5 Made it!

YES!

Red

    30-Mar-96  17:00:26
Sb: #478424-#VQT Ratings &Endorsement
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yes, we had this confirmed in Friday's Daily Variety; Viewers for
Quality Television has added B5 to its short list of qualified endorsed shows,
along with Murphy Brown, 60 Minutes, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and about 10
others.  It's a definite recognition of the quality of the show.

                                                                       jms

 #: 478498 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    30-Mar-96  06:35:10
Sb: #478110-#'Severed Dreams'
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Joe,

Just remember, it's _also_ pushing Space Cases and Hypernauts, not instead...

Besides, you really should think of them as your offspring, you know.  In many
ways it is clear that both teams have learned well from your experiences with
B5.

Unfortunately for the comparison, they both have stable time slots...

Letters will be written, before the end of Lent...

Anne

 #: 478673 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    30-Mar-96  17:00:27
Sb: #478498-'Severed Dreams'
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       "...your offspring...."

       Thus are mutants created....

    30-Mar-96  10:15:06
Sb: #476428-#SpaceCases&Hyper. in EW
Fm: PETER DAVID

Actually, Christy Marx is a pseudonym for you, is what I heard.

PAD

 #: 478674 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Mar-96  17:00:29
Sb: #478543-#SpaceCases&Hyper. in EW
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       In that case I better start expanding my wardrobe....

                                                                       jms

   translator. ]

 #: 478675 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Mar-96  17:00:30
Sb: #478613-Universes: ST vs. B5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       The tones are his real voice.

                                                                       jms

 #: 478662 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    30-Mar-96  16:22:20
Sb: #Vorlon
Fm: AL LIPSCOMB

The Vorlon seem to be your 'Wizards' of the story. Will we see any direct
conflict between the Vorlon and the Shadows in the arc? Of course we would all
like to see the epic space battle with the super races fighting it out ('battle
of five armies'), but is that the flavor of the war? I am guessing that the
next race to come under Shadow attack will be one that has just been weakened
and thined by war.....

I like the way you balance the classic plot devices with new twists. It helps
us keep up with the flow of the story yet keeps us guessing.

 #: 478676 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    30-Mar-96  17:00:32
Sb: #478662-#Vorlon
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It's fair to say that sooner or later, probably sooner, the Vorlons are
going to have to get more involved...but mark this, be careful what you ask
for....

    30-Mar-96  18:29:07
Sb: #Ivanova
Fm: JAMES R. KAPESIS

Can you give us any general hints as to what you have planned for Ivanova in
the future?

Thanks

 #: 478752 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Mar-96  19:05:43
Sb: #478709-Ivanova
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Can I?  Of course.  Will I?  No, of course not.  Kinda takes all the
surprise out of it.

    30-Mar-96  18:31:19
Sb: #2 part episodes
Fm: JAMES R. KAPESIS

How do you decide whether a episode will be a two parter or as a series of
connected stand alones like "Severed Dreams" is a part of?

Do you have any two part episodes planned for season 4 yet?

 #: 478753 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Mar-96  19:05:44
Sb: #478710-2 part episodes
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       For the most part, it's a matter of how the episodes feel to me, what
length they feel as if they require.  When I did the big three this year --
Messages, Point and Dreams -- I hadn't really figured they'd be as tightly
connected as they ended up being.  I knew they'd relate strongly to one
another, but in a sense, they're reallly a three parter.  The War Without End
story I knew was WAY too big for one episode, but due to the structure of the
story wouldn't take being extended for one more episode; at that point you'd
just be dragging it out.

       It's all instinct, I wish I had a more concrete answer.

                                                                       jms

 #: 478725 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    30-Mar-96  18:41:27
Sb: #478108-#'Severed Dreams'
Fm: ROWAN KAISER

>>No, unfortunately Marcus ain't in this one.  But he does have a very large
part in the next one.<<

How about Kosh?  I think we've only seen Kosh, what, twice this whole season.

Sin wreak-oar Mistie, Montie, PITAS, Emperor of SPAMM and Kidism Patroler
"Tonight, instead of discussing the existence or non-existence of God, they
have decided to fight for it."
        -Monty Python

 #: 478754 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    30-Mar-96  19:05:45
Sb: #478725-'Severed Dreams'
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah...Kosh seems to have retreated a bit so far...worrying, that.

                                                                       jms

 * Brent Barrett    brent.barrett at 24stex.com *
 * Senior Software Engineer   Automedia, Inc *
 *           http://www.ailink.com           *

-*** <b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu>.  If you want to send your
-*** reply to someone else, make sure the "To:" header line is correctly
-*** set.  COPYRIGHT NOTICE: You may NOT repost any messages appearing in
-*** this B5JMS list/digest to any other forum without prior permission from
-*** all of the respective authors.