JMS on CompuServe (Apr 04, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett brent.barrett at 24stex.com
Thu Apr 4 16:47:09 EST 1996

    02-Apr-96  22:07:52
Sb: #Puppets sue Babylon 5
Fm: JAMES R. KAPESIS

The Puppets of America are charging discrimation against JMS due to his lack of
the use of puppets on Babylon 5.  Originally Londo was supposed to be played by
a puppet. Such fine actors as Alf and Gonzo were very excited about getting the
chance to play the Centauri Ambassador.  Also, N'Grath a favorite for many in
season 1 is no longer on the show.  This neglect of puppets is uncalled for and
just wrong!
Kosh is now officially on strike until other fellow puppets are given the
chance to join the show.

 #: 481086 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Apr-96  20:56:09
Sb: #480575-Puppets sue Babylon 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Go to your room....

    03-Apr-96  20:45:40
Sb: #Dust to Dust question
Fm: JAMES R. KAPESIS

In "Dust to Dust" during G'Kar's dream sequence we see his father hanging from
the tree.  Who is the second Narn that G'Kar talks to?  Is it his father again
or G'Quon?

 #: 481100 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Apr-96  21:11:55
Sb: #481080-Dust to Dust question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's the same thing, the image of his father.

                                                                        jms

   Minbari stealth systems.  The poster is a little vague about the owner
   of the fire control systems. ]

 #: 481101 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    03-Apr-96  21:11:57
Sb: #480994-<Severed Dreams, WOW>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, at this kind of range, they could eyeball the targets for the most
part, as far as the big ships are concerned; the smaller ones would be much
more difficult.

                                                                    jms

   worked on his DSP sound system. ]

 #: 481102 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    03-Apr-96  21:11:59
Sb: #480940-#>>Severed Dreams<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  That's exactly the impression I wanted...you do the dolly/zoom
move, isolating Sheridan visually...you don't cut back to the others as they
speak, just let the camera stay on him, put the other voices down under the
music and off to the side, just *HOLD* there...works great.

                                                                       jms

 #: 481053 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    03-Apr-96  18:56:01
Sb: #480642-#>>Severed Dreams<<
Fm: DANIEL BARER

 >> Something to bear in mind when rewatching, btw...it was during this scene
that Jerry fell and broke his right arm and right wrist.  And they still had
one last scene to film.  He stuck it out and they rolled film, to get the shot
of him and Zack at the end of the fight.  Next time you watch it, keep an eye
on the right arm as he releases the helmet...it bends in directions never
intended by evolution.<<

I've had mixed feelings about that since I heard about it from Jeff Conaway at
Loscon.  On the one hand, Jerry Doyle is a trooper for wanting to go on.  On
the other hand, I wonder if the director didn't make a potentially tragic
mistake by honoring his wishes and doing more takes.  No show, even one as good
as B5, is worth possibly crippling somebody who is already injured.  (I know
Jacky Chan would disagree, tho....)

 #: 481103 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    03-Apr-96  21:12:02
Sb: #481053->>Severed Dreams<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I agree, but Jerry was determined to do it, and more time would've been
lost arguing about it than it took to do the takes.

                                                                           jms

   and then said "Aw, nuts!" and moved again. ]

 #: 481104 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    03-Apr-96  21:12:03
Sb: #481066->>Severed Dreams<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That was because the Narns just kept right on going, even when he'd said
"we'll wait here."  That's Narns for you.

                                                                       jms

 #: 481067 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    03-Apr-96  19:48:21
Sb: #480910-#General Hague <Spoiler>
Fm: RAY PELZER

 >        Rule #1: Never honk off the writer.

   I can just hear the little voice in your head as you discovered the bailing
and wrote the amendment to the scene:

       "Babylon 5 is a juggernaut.  Period.  It will not be denied, diverted,
or delayed.  Either you hop on for the ride, or risk getting flattened along
the way.  We don't have time for such bull$h1t."

       Actually, as I read what I just typed, I see some similarities to "The
avalance has begun/It is too late for the pebbles to vote", but I still think
it holds true.

               Ray

 #: 481105 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    03-Apr-96  21:12:05
Sb: #481067-General Hague <Spoiler>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The show comes first, absolutely.

    03-Apr-96  21:09:03
Sb: #L.A.,April 1, 1981
Fm: RAY PELZER

Just went through some old archived messages, and noticed that April 1st had
passed.  Happy 15th anniversary!

 #: 481143 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Apr-96  22:56:59
Sb: #481092-#L.A.,April 1, 1981
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'd forgotten about that part of it...thanks.

                                                                jms

 #: 481144 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Apr-96  22:57:00
Sb: #481109-#Soul Hunters
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'd certainly like to see them again....

                                                                    jms

   connection between the White Star and the Minbari/Delenn. ]

 #: 481160 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    04-Apr-96  00:54:55
Sb: #481147-<SD - White Star!!>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, President Clark would know it, from the Aggy records, but the
general population wouldn't know it yet, since those records weren't released.
But it does give him a card to play at some point in the future.

                                                                     jms

 * Brent Barrett    brent.barrett at 24stex.com *
 * Senior Software Engineer   Automedia, Inc *
 *           http://www.ailink.com           *

-*** <b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu>.  If you want to send your
-*** reply to someone else, make sure the "To:" header line is correctly
-*** set.  COPYRIGHT NOTICE: You may NOT repost any messages appearing in
-*** this B5JMS list/digest to any other forum without prior permission from
-*** all of the respective authors.