JMS on CompuServe (Aug 03, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Aug 3 13:00:29 EDT 1996

    Sb: #552417-TV GUIDE article
    Sb: #552215-#<IaE in UK>
    Sb: #551684-JMS: Offbeat Qd.
    Sb: #552233-#<WWE-Sinclair>

 #: 552417 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Aug-96  18:15:28
Sb: #548821-#TV GUIDE article
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>      It's common today, in our age of cynicism, to deride anything in which
the people involved feel passionately about what they do.

It is a standard encouraged by those who can do nothing well but deride others.
Of course the reason that they cannot accomplish anything of merit is because
they so terrified of failure. So they throw mud at people who, despite being
simple humans have *mattered* feeling that if they can bring down a god that
may themselves be seen as at least adaquate. The means they use is simple, they
play on the fear that all people have when they give their heart to something.

"Don't get all teary eyed when the play the National Anthem, Big Business
bought the country years ago."
"Don't go into business with that guy , he's just trying to rip you off."
"What, that JMS guy says it's only going 5 years, god you're stupid, if it
makes money just see if it doesn't run seven."

On the surface they are successful, but in their heart of hearts, people hate
them, because they have managed to choak almost everything that was ever decent
and pure.

Fortunatly, evil doesn'e ever win, it just holds up the game for a while...

Phil ^^^^
FREE EARTH!

 #: 552501 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Aug-96  21:13:41
Sb: #552417-TV GUIDE article
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yup...well said.

    02-Aug-96  15:08:59
Sb: #551747-#<IaE in UK>
Fm: FITZGERALDS

What's beyond the Rim?
Nora

 #: 552502 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Aug-96  21:13:43
Sb: #552215-#<IaE in UK>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      A really, really, really MASSIVE Baskin and Robbins....

                                                                    jms

   "Interludes & Examinations." ]

 #: 552503 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Aug-96  21:13:45
Sb: #551684-JMS: Offbeat Qd.
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's not that easy a question, or that straightforward a situation, as
you'll see soon enough.

    02-Aug-96  15:16:29
Sb: #<WWE-Sinclair>
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

Hi Joe,

I was wondering a little about WWE.  We all know the stories about O'Hare
leaving the show and being replaced by Bruce.  From what I understand you had
to modify the story just a little.  If O'Hare didn't leave the show, how would
have the Valen thing worked out. What I mean to say is, how was it originally
written?  Wish I could be there at Fantasticon. Have a good time.

Mike
" Oh dear, look at that. I'm down  to my last few coppers."

 #: 552504 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Aug-96  21:13:47
Sb: #552233-#<WWE-Sinclair>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The Valen aspect was set up in the first season, long before anything was
decided about Michael.  Also, I won't be at Fantasticon...gotta write....