JMS on CompuServe (Aug 05, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Aug 5 18:51:46 EDT 1996

    Sb: #553283-TV GUIDE article
    Sb: #553286-#<IaE in UK>
    Sb: #553343-JMS : WWE1: Sheridan
    Sb: #553579-<IaE in UK>
    Sb: #553782-JMS : WWE1: Sheridan
    Sb: #553927-JMS : WWE1: Sheridan

 #: 553283 S5/Babylon 5: General
    04-Aug-96  09:29:56
Sb: #552950-#TV GUIDE article
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>      Yes, they seem interested.

Cool.

I figured everybody in Hollywood would be rooting to get you out of television
<g>...

Phil ^^^^
FREE EARTH!

 #: 553494 S5/Babylon 5: General
    04-Aug-96  14:57:12
Sb: #553283-TV GUIDE article
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"I figured everybody in Hollywood would be rooting to get you out of
television"

Well...*almost* everybody....

    04-Aug-96  09:35:18
Sb: #552954-#<IaE in UK>
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>      The rim of the galaxy.

Do the Jump Gates (the ones Humans use) go all over the Galaxy, or just a local
neighborhood.

Phil ^^^^
FREE EARTH!

 #: 553495 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    04-Aug-96  14:57:13
Sb: #553286-#<IaE in UK>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Jump gates go where gates have been constructed by long-range explorer
vessels.  Nobody near our tech has ever built anything outside the known
galaxy, or frankly through about 80% of what IS known.  Going beyond is a
one-way ticket.

    04-Aug-96  11:18:36
Sb: #JMS : WWE1: Sheridan
Fm: LAURENCE MORONEY

Just finished WWE1 here in the UK.  What a blast.

Don't want to ask too many questions without seeing part 2, but one has leapt
to mind:

When lady Morella told Londo not to kill the one that is already dead, was she
referring to Sheridan?

Also, I cannot remember exactly what the Vorlon said, but it was something
along the lines of 'He is at the end of his circle'.
IF this is so, do the words of Arkady in "Second Foundation" have significance
to Sinclair?

Laurence

 #: 553496 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    04-Aug-96  14:57:17
Sb: #553343-JMS : WWE1: Sheridan
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Unfortunately, I've forgotten what Arkady said, so it's kind of an open
question.

                                                                    jms

   the Rim and build a jump gate, thus bridging the gap between galaxies. ]

 #: 553777 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    05-Aug-96  00:17:03
Sb: #553579-<IaE in UK>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      For one thing, it's a long, LONG trip outside the known galaxy...it takes
3 days to go to Earth from B5, it's not instantaneous...so you can well imagine
how much time is involved in getting outside the galaxy.  Second, a ship like
the Aggy isn't configured or capable of constructing a jump gate, that's up to
the big Explorer-class vessels.  Finally, the further you range afield from the
established series of hyperspace beacons, the greater the odds of getting
permanently lost out there, since points of reference outside aren't on a
one-to-one basis with hyperspace.  (And outside the galaxy you'd have little in
the way of more conventional references as well.)  So any trip would be a one
way trip, at least at this point in our technology.

    05-Aug-96  00:23:15
Sb: #553496-#JMS : WWE1: Sheridan
Fm: LAURENCE MORONEY

She said 'A circle has no end'?

I was wondering if there was a small salute to S.F. in there....

Laurence

 #: 554039 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    05-Aug-96  12:32:42
Sb: #553782-JMS : WWE1: Sheridan
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No...the notion that a circle has no end is a lot older than that.

       And the line re: Sinclair was "he is the closed circle, he returns to
the beginning."

                                                                       jms

   can be used in "Privateer," and since JMS is a Wing Commander fan, he
   wonders if it was intentional. ]

 #: 554040 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    05-Aug-96  12:32:43
Sb: #553927-JMS : WWE1: Sheridan