JMS on CompuServe (Aug 11, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sun Aug 11 15:01:35 EDT 1996

    Sb: X Men on Babylon 4!
    Sb: #556993-#Promoting B5
    Sb: #557052-Vorlons & Minbari
    Sb: #556994-Disbarring a doctor
    Sb: #557169-Alcohol & Minbari
    Sb: #New Cast Addition
    Sb: #557326-Worst B5 Episode
    Sb: #557108-Valen questions

 #: 557396 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Aug-96  21:36:49
Sb: X Men on Babylon 4!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

[Reply to message #556812, which is no longer available]

      It's a door wheel which has been on that particular wall since year one.

    09-Aug-96  22:25:42
Sb: #556913-#Promoting B5
Fm: TONI MULLER

>> I'll try to attend next year.<<

Great!  I hope you do get some sort of respite from "writer's hell" (I mean,
besides in two more years).

>>Your best bet locally is to contact the program director or, above him, the
station manager of the station you're after.  They make the decisions.<<

I guess what I meant was on your end.  Like, is there a promotional pack that
can be mailed to the station, or someone who handles new stations?  Or do I
just direct them to Warner if they are interested?

Thanks.

Toni

 #: 557399 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Aug-96  22:14:42
Sb: #556993-#Promoting B5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, we don't have any material like that at all.  That's all handled by
WB, we're not in any way involved in distribution.  If they're interested,
they'll know who to contact.

    10-Aug-96  03:44:31
Sb: #Vorlons & Minbari
Fm: RICHARD WAKEFIELD

jms,

I'd just like to say that the scene when Kosh died was brilliant, in fact that
episode (i forget what it was called) was brilliant itself. And the first part
of War Without End is also good (I haven't seen the second part).

What is the relationship between the Vorlons and the Minbari ? I know they are
"old" friends. We have seen a couple of Vorlons on Minbar, is their
relationship like ours and the Narn for example ?
 We get the impression that the White Star is not as powerful as the Vorlon
ships, but surely as well as having Vorlon shielding wouldn't it have the
powerful Vorlon weapons & flower propulsion thingies (those petals) ?
Why is there a Minbari crew, not one vorlon insight and why do they let
Sheridan be the captain ?

Thanks,

Richard

 #: 557400 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Aug-96  22:14:44
Sb: #557052-Vorlons & Minbari
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The Minbari built the White Star, borrowing some Vorlon tech, so it's
primarily Minbari, and built with their sensibilities, all the controls are in
Minbari, and so on.  They allow Sheridan to command it because Delenn said to
do so, and in battle an unpredictable human might have options that a more
regimented Minbari might not.

                                                                    jms

   the doctor in "A Day in the Strife" with disbarrment, considering how
   hard this poster thinks it is to do it even today. ]

 #: 557403 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    10-Aug-96  22:14:51
Sb: #556994-Disbarring a doctor
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Bear in mind, though, that we're talking Earthforce doctors, who are part
of the military establishment, and we don't know the full structure of how that
exists 200 years from now...certainly if someone's actions caused the death of
250,000 sentients and a major Earthforce base, I'd suggest that that could be
sufficient grounds for ending somebody's career....

                                                                    jms

 #: 557404 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    10-Aug-96  22:14:52
Sb: #557169-Alcohol & Minbari
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Makes 'em paranoid, and psychotically violent.

    10-Aug-96  22:14:53
Sb: #New Cast Addition
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Just a general announcement: Patricia Tallman, also known as Lyta
Alexander on B5, will be joining the regular cast in year four, appearing in
the main title sequence.  We're extremely pleased to have her on board.

                                                                    jms

   Edge of Forever," and how one of them will be buying the paperback
   version of Harlan's book when it comes out. ]

 #: 557407 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Aug-96  22:20:22
Sb: #557326-Worst B5 Episode
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Actually, the White Wolf paperback version of Harlan's "City on the Edge
of Forever" book is *now out*, with an even further expanded introduction.

                                                                    jms

 #: 557408 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    10-Aug-96  22:20:23
Sb: #557108-Valen questions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Theo was named for Vincent van Gogh's brother.  Hence, Brother Theo.