JMS on CompuServe (Aug 21, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Aug 21 16:21:41 EDT 1996

    Sb: #563676-Comics as a medium...
    Sb: #563836-#Fan Club Site
    Sb: #563872-Private JMS Viewing!!!!!
    Sb: #563972-B5 Merchandise in London
    Sb: #563977-#Christianity in Babylon5

   thinks that the author, Dave Sim, and JMS have a lot in common in the
   way they tell their stories. ]

 #: 563904 S5/Babylon 5: General
    20-Aug-96  21:09:29
Sb: #563676-Comics as a medium...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Though I've fallen out of my comics habit over the last 6-8 months, I
followed Cerebus since very early in its run, and enjoyed it.  It's great.

    20-Aug-96  19:42:00
Sb: #562448-#Fan Club Site
Fm: BURHAAN  AHMAD

>>  It's a feature of not using netscape <<

Will this be "fixed"?  Some of us are using the "other" big browser, MS
Internet Explorer 3.

 _____    _____
   --->ba<---
     /    \

 #: 563905 S5/Babylon 5: General
    20-Aug-96  21:09:31
Sb: #563836-#Fan Club Site
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The problem as I understand it is that using Netscape will let us do more
of the cutting-edge stuff we plan to introduce over the course of the coming
year than the other systems...avatars, residences, other nifty stuff. If we go
for a less sophisticated interface, we won't be able to do this stuff.  At
least, that's what we're being told by the designers.

    20-Aug-96  20:17:23
Sb: #563513-#Private JMS Viewing!!!!!
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T PARROT

 > And the only way to do that was to turn the in-jest offer to come
 > to my office and see them into a real offer.  You gots to do
 > what's right....

Gee, when I invite ladies to my place to view my B5 tapes, they politely
decline and run away screaming. I wonder why?

<g>

     -Dupa T. Parrot, Team SF/F
      [Tech. Support SysOp] O-
      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa

 #: 563906 S5/Babylon 5: General
    20-Aug-96  21:09:32
Sb: #563872-Private JMS Viewing!!!!!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's that parrot, man, I keep telling you....

    21-Aug-96  00:43:51
Sb: #B5 Merchandise in London
Fm: LAURENCE MORONEY

Went to FP in London yesterday (where you did a signing some time ago).
There was lots of new merchandise (uniforms, and badges in particular.)

I thought it quite odd that the availability of such merchandise has not been
mentioned around here before, which made me wonder if it is not fully
legitimate...do you have control over such things?

I bought a Psi Corps badge which on the surface looks pretty good, but the
clasps are awful.

Before I splash out $120 on a uniform, I would like to know if these things are
legit?

Thanks,
Laurence

 #: 563990 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Aug-96  02:39:58
Sb: #563972-B5 Merchandise in London
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      If the uniforms are from Janet Lawn, they're legit; no Psi Corps pins
have been approved for anyone at this point.

                                                                    jms

   does writing about Christianity while not even believing in god. ]

 #: 563995 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Aug-96  02:44:40
Sb: #563977-#Christianity in Babylon5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      One doesn't have to believe in the existence of something to write about
it effectively...there aren't really Minbari or Vorlons, y'know...you just
decide to write about it as though it were a True Thing.  And that's about how
I approach religious characters.  As a writer, you can choose to be honest in
your characterization, or you can use the medium for propaganda and the
advancement of personal agendas.  The latter holds no appeal for me.