JMS on CompuServe (Aug 28, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Aug 29 00:04:42 EDT 1996

    Sb: #568490-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
    Sb: #568590-<Walkabout>                [ NOT a spoiler -- BB ]
    Sb: #567841-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
    Sb: #568913-B5 on tape.
    Sb: #569069-Richard Hatch

 #: 568490 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Aug-96  16:10:45
Sb: #568439-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: JONATHAN KASS

Thanx... I do appreciate your attention on this... (and I know you have better
things to do!)...

Jonathan

 #: 568725 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Aug-96  21:51:27
Sb: #568490-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I went to Jim's office again after your last note, and had him check the
database again by hand; it's definitely not there.  So I've copied your email
to him, and he should be in touch soon, or he'll go ahead and add it to the
list.  It's conceivable that if your check got caught up in a bundle it
might've missed being processed by us.  As far a I know this is the only time
it's happened; but we never know about it until and unless someone tells us
about it.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

                                                                    jms

   Scary, putting so much stuff out where everybody can see."

 #: 568726 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    27-Aug-96  21:51:29
Sb: #568590-<Walkabout>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, I kinda wear my heart on my sleeve more than I should; sometimes
even I'm appalled at what I find my subsconscious has given away once I can
step back and look at a script objectively.

    26-Aug-96  20:37:49
Sb: #567712-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: JONATHAN KASS

Wow...

Yes, my check cleared in April (this is why I have become somewhat vocal
lately, and ALL of my messages have included this fact)... this is kinda what I
was starting to expect, given that (as you have stated) the orders are close to
being completed... and someone else here told me she received a news letter in
June, though her full kit only showed in August...

I have the cancelled check, cleared by City Natl Bank April 18, 1996, complete
with a Babylonian Productions Fan Club endorsement stamp on it... You
definately got the order, and now its pretty clear it was misplaced, and my
prior email to Jim was apparently not enough to raise a bell (which is why I
felt it was inappropriate not to at least respond to the email... now Jim will
probably have a hard time find that as well - I don't mean that he's lying,
simply that somehow this process has gotten pretty far out of control)......

Now what?

Jonathan

 #: 569023 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-Aug-96  11:58:38
Sb: #567841-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Jim's just done a hand-search of applications, and still can't find
anything on your membership.  He's asked if you could send a xerox copy of your
canceled check (both sides) to him at the fan club address.  Once we have that
in hand, we'll zip everything out the door.

                                                                       jms

 #: 569132 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-Aug-96  15:56:34
Sb: #568913-B5 on tape.
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       In the fullness of time, they'll be out here....

                                                                       jms

   hooked on Babylon 5 once she heard that Bruce Boxleitner had been cast.
   She's been a fan of his since his work in "The Macahans." She was
   reluctant to watch Babylon 5 in the first year for "reasons that
   really don't matter anymore." ]

 #: 569139 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-Aug-96  16:05:36
Sb: #569069-Richard Hatch
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's good to hear, and I'm sure a number of other folks started with
the show when Bruce came on.  Whatever the cause, I'm pleased with the effect.

       And don't feel bad about your initial attitude (assuming you did); lots
of folks had the same initial resistance, often out of a sense of perceived
loyalty to ST.  We learn by doing.