JMS on CompuServe (Dec 01, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sun Dec 1 14:50:48 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #618829-JMS: season 4 = arc end?
    Sb: #618978-jms & co at LosCon (LA)
    Sb: #618983-B5 ruins it all . . .
    Sb: #618763-B5 Laser Disc
    Sb: #618816-#<404: Falling>
    Sb: #618915-Wayne Alexander
    Sb: #618921-Images
    Sb: #618771-#New FX - no problems!
    Sb: #619009-New FX - no problems!
    Sb: #619149-#<Falling...>
    Sb: #619176-<Falling...>
    Sb: #619012-<FTA prophecy&future>
    Sb: #619063-#<<Apotheosis>>
    Sb: #619202-#Lorien
    Sb: #619193-<404: Falling>
    Sb: #Answers

 #: 619037 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Nov-96  18:33:58
Sb: #618829-JMS: season 4 = arc end?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Local support is always best, thanks.

                                                                    jms

 #: 619038 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Nov-96  18:33:59
Sb: #618978-jms & co at LosCon (LA)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      At this point...yes, I've confirmed that I'll be at Icon this year.

                                                                    jms

   the movie "Twister." ]

 #: 619039 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Nov-96  18:34:01
Sb: #618983-B5 ruins it all . . .
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I have the Twister laserdisk -- it's the only way I was able to see it --
and that transfer looks pretty cool.

                                                                    jms

 #: 619040 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Nov-96  18:34:03
Sb: #618763-B5 Laser Disc
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope.  Because a) WB doesn't think there's a market for B5 on tape or
disk, b) won't let us do it because they have the right to do it, even though
they won't (like the proverbial monkey with its fist around a nut in a jar, it
can't take it out and won't let go), and c) WB video almost never handles
piddly TV stuff, only big-budget, sure-return movies.

      We'll keep working at it.  Sooner or later, we'll win.

                                                                    jms

   looking at Cartagia because Cartagia is so unpredictible. ]

 #: 619041 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  18:34:06
Sb: #618816-#<404: Falling>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Except, of course, this trip with G'Kar was in his best interest, and
Cartagia is always responsive to what's best for Cartagia.

                                                                    jms

 #: 619042 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  18:34:08
Sb: #618915-Wayne Alexander
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

         Will do.

                                                                    jms

 #: 619043 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  18:34:10
Sb: #618921-Images
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...those kinds of images are what we live for.

    30-Nov-96  07:24:55
Sb: #618658-#New FX - no problems!
Fm: NEIL BLEVINS

> What kinda bugged me was that, after having made the change, there were a
number of people -- presumably associated with Foundation -- who were running
around the nets and saying that the efx were going to be terrible, or there
wouldn't BE any efx.<

Well, I was concerned that it may take some time for the new effects team to
get up to steam, and maybe it did (since the first few episodes mainly used
stock footage), but after 'Falling' it's clear they will do a great job. Send
them my regards.

- Neil

 #: 619044 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  18:34:12
Sb: #618771-#New FX - no problems!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Actually, the first few used about the same amount of stock as most of
our shows ever did.  And there was a LOT of new stuff...the Z'ha'dum
confrontation with the White Star, the new establishers of Centuari Prime from
space, plus the new ones of the city, and the big garden areas in "The
Summoning" (all those outside sets are virtual), the shadow overflys in 401,
Lorien's "true image" holding up Sheridan, the underground Z'ha'dum composites,
the new B5 establishers, the White Star fleet coming to B5...there was a LOT of
stuff there, it's just very subtle.

                                                                    jms

   realized with the Kosh/Vorlon battle that he may have just been
   paranoid. ]

 #: 619056 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  18:39:46
Sb: #619009-New FX - no problems!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Basically, if you're told to look for a difference, you'll see one.  I
got a couple of emails saying that a couple of specific Centauri Prime shots
weren't as good as the old ones...then pointed out that the ones they singled
out WERE the old ones.

      As for the Planet Killer, we bring it a little closer each time.

      Virtually all the designs are right out of the computer files, so they're
identical to what's been done before, using the same system (or slightly
better) and most of the same people.

                                                                    jms

   the Shadow War is over. ]

 #: 619182 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  23:47:10
Sb: #619149-#<Falling...>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Who is the greater foe?

      It is always the one closest to where you live.

    30-Nov-96  23:20:23
Sb: #619157-#<Falling...>
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

>>        Lyta already told him that someone else was carrying around a piece
of Kosh, and I assume she would have told him that it was Sheridan. <<

<<<I think she said that she THOUGHT that MAYBE a bit of Kosh survived.>>>

        Nope. She clearly saw that it was Sheridan who was in possession of
Kosh1 and that's what she went to report to his replacement at the end of the
episode in question. She seemed elated at the time, and my belief is that she
would have told Kosh2 all she knew, or at the very least suspected given that
she saw fit to open her mouth to him in the first place. And I don't think
Kosh2 would have let her leave without her first relaying everything to him,
even if she was uncertain about what she thought.

 #: 619195 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  23:55:02
Sb: #619176-<Falling...>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Actually, she said, "I think, it's possible, someone else does."  But she
didn't specify Sheridan, and likely wouldn't have until she knew absolutely for
certain...and until she knew a little more about the vorlon she was dealing
with.

                                                                    jms

   in Londo's vision and "War Without End" is any indication. ]

 #: 619196 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  23:55:03
Sb: #619012-<FTA prophecy&future>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope, it's the correct eye.  We don't make those kinds of mistakes.

    30-Nov-96  18:52:02
Sb: #<<Apotheosis>>
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

A Question:
            In the B5 pilot episode, the Vorlons threaten to destroy the
Station because one of their Ambassadors(Kosh1) has been poisoned. In "Falling
Toward Apotheosis" there is an outright assassination of another of their
Ambassadors, so wouldn't it stand to reason that NOW the Vorlons would
*absolutely* destroy the B5 Station because of this latest act by the humans??
                        Just something to think about.

 #: 619197 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Nov-96  23:55:05
Sb: #619063-#<<Apotheosis>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Of course, at the moment, the vorlons are a little busy...but given time,
yes, they would do exactly that.

                                                                    jms

   Rings." ]

 #: 619221 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    01-Dec-96  01:57:47
Sb: #619202-#Lorien
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I just kinda thought it was a cool sounding name....

    30-Nov-96  23:53:51
Sb: #618569-#<404: Falling>
Fm: BURHAAN  AHMAD

>>  Yep, all trace of Kosh is gone. <<

Did the two Vorlons anihilate each other?

 #: 619222 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    01-Dec-96  01:57:48
Sb: #619193-<404: Falling>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Kosh went with the new vorlon into the ship, and that final blast was
what did the job ultimately.

    01-Dec-96  02:17:22
Sb: #Answers
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Okay, I'm gonna keep this real short and real simple.

      You wanna see the end of the story?  Huh?  Do you?  Do you?!
                                                          ~~~~~~
      THEN GIVE ME THE DAMNED CHEAT CODES FOR "QUAKE!"

      Just that.  Okay?  And I can get back to work, and nobody gets hurt.

                                    jm(vibrating into another dimension)s