JMS on CompuServe (Dec 14, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Dec 14 17:47:03 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #624971-Alien names/ships?
    Sb: #625218-Sheridan Speaks
    Sb: #625457-ISDN Lines
    Sb: #625475-Arc End....
    Sb: #625734-Sheridan Speaks

   belongs, which races wears the black mask with the funny translator, and
   of which race was "the lizard looking guy with the small mouth." ]

 #: 625705 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Dec-96  13:59:55
Sb: #624971-Alien names/ships?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       In order...those are Brakiri, and Gaim.  The last one is probably a
Llort.

    12-Dec-96  15:41:54
Sb: #Sheridan Speaks
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

Howdy, Joe;

    I was awonderin': Since Sheridan had close contact with numerous alien
races before coming to B5 ("even a few Minbari") and had picked up a few words
of, at least, Narn ("All Alone in the Night"), does he know *any* Minbari?  Has
he picked up any in the last two to three years of close *ahem* contact with
the Minbari?

    Do you have any plans for him to try to learn some or all of the language?
I realize time's very tight right now and with the war and all, he would be
hard pressed to find the time for such things, but . . .

    Given his closeness to Delenn, I'd think he'd want to honor her with at
least some understanding of her language and culture.  With the exception of
the knowledge he demonstrated in "Points of Departure," he seems fairly empty
on both counts.

Thanks,

  -- Brent

 #: 625719 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    13-Dec-96  14:09:36
Sb: #625218-Sheridan Speaks
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       When he has a bit more time, what with this pesky war and all, he'll
almost certainly undertake this.

                                                                       jms

 #: 625720 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Dec-96  14:09:36
Sb: #625457-ISDN Lines
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Cool...thanks.

                                                                       jms

   its arc this season. ]

 #: 625721 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Dec-96  14:09:38
Sb: #625475-Arc End....
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, that's not the case, and we won't know for a while yet either way.
No one is quoted as saying it, that's what was assumed by the writer.

    13-Dec-96  14:26:06
Sb: #625719-#Sheridan Speaks
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

    Thanks.

    So, I take it he didn't pick up much conversational Minbari on his trips
and contacts with the other races, eh?  But at least he knows how to tell
Ta'Lon to use his head in Narn.  :-)

  -- Brent

 #: 625898 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    14-Dec-96  03:16:05
Sb: #625734-Sheridan Speaks
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yup.  Because during the Minbari war, the Narns were selling us weapons,
so Sheridan and other Earthforce captains had to learn at least a smattering of
Narnish for purposes of negotiations.