JMS on CompuServe (Dec 26, 1996) *RECEIPT? WHAT RECEIPT?*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Dec 27 03:12:41 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #630206-attn jms: military?
    Sb: #630650-Proper Boskonian duz JMS
    Sb: #630373-What Happened?
    Sb: #630538-#<More Kudos for Joe>
    Sb: #630739-Lorien's waiting
    Sb: #630797-WOW!!!! You're here!?!?!

   sword without first drawing blood.  Asks if JMS knew about such
   traditions before giving one to the Narn. ]

 #: 630870 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Dec-96  17:42:46
Sb: #630206-attn jms: military?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'd heard that, and other cultures where much the same is done.

    26-Dec-96  05:46:57
Sb: #Proper Boskonian duz JMS
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Hey, Joe!

I hope you and Kathryn (did I spell that right?) have had a good holiday break.

The newest "Proper Boskonian" arrived on Monday or Tuesday, and lo and behold,
there was an article in it about you and B5!  Did anyone think to send you a
copy, or tell you about this?  If not, I'll see that a copy comes your way...

In case you've never heard of it before <giggle> the "Proper Boskonian" is the
official fanzine of the New England Science Fiction Association, or NESFA for
short.  NESFA (Greg and I belong, although we're not important or anything)
organizes Boskone, the Boston area SF con, and Readercon, which is a second
lower-key con, later in the spring.  (We are also bidding for Worldcon in 2001,
so you may have to visit Beantown, yet!  <chuckle>)

In case I haven't said it recently, the fourth season is keeping Greg and I
thrilled delighted.  Thank you so much!

Anne

 #: 630871 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Dec-96  17:42:48
Sb: #630650-Proper Boskonian duz JMS
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, I don't believe I've seen that one....

    25-Dec-96  11:48:59
Sb: #What Happened?
Fm: THE JAWA / JAWA #2

        Joe, I've been meaning to post you for awhile now.  When I watched the
new sweeps, I felt like something was missing.  I can't quite put my finger on
it, but here's my suspicion: I get the feeling that the characters don't care
as much about each other as they used to.
        Let's take Garibaldi's return as an example.  No one seemed real
estatic that he'd come home--everyone basically said, "Oh, he's back?  How
nice."  Granted, he's cranky, but I still felt it was slightly inconsistent
with "PoD" and "Chrysalis" when Ivanova and Londo stood anxiously outside
MedLab, waiting for news about his condition.
        Maybe it's intentional, I don't know.  Maybe they're all so wrapped up
in themselves and their own problems that they just don't have time for each
other anymore.  But it's an awfully big war, and I would assume that they would
pull together to fight it out.
        Another thing: I like the new Centauri emperor.  A lot.  He's one of
the coolest villians I've ever seen!  The guy is a complete fruitcake!
Actually, he reminds me of my uncle.
        Okay.  That's all.

                 The Jawa/Kidism Patrol
                 RMES Dominator
                 2:43 PM, Wednesday, December 25, 1996
                 "I'll be in the car."

 #: 630872 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Dec-96  17:42:50
Sb: #630373-What Happened?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The main reason for the non-big reaction to Garibaldi is that none of
them really know of anything that went on.  He says he just got caught in the
hyperspace backwash, and his ship got swiped.  And it's a fairly thin story, so
there's some questioning of what's not being said, or is this the whole story?
So people are bound to be a bit more tentative...and, again, there's a big huge
war on, and pilots returning from missions at the height of WW2 were given a
handshake and told to get back into the plane for the next mission.

                                                                    jms

   the first four of season four in one sitting over the holidays and wanted
   to thank JMS for creating a work so like a good book when watched in that
   fashion. ]

 #: 630873 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Dec-96  17:42:52
Sb: #630538-#<More Kudos for Joe>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thank you...I can't imagine watching all 9 episodes like that in a row, I
think my head would explode.  We appreciate the attention and the kind words.

    26-Dec-96  10:23:22
Sb: #Lorien's waiting
Fm: JIMMY

Was Lorien waiting all that time on Z'ha'dum for Sheridan, or just someone to
come down there?

Is there something special about Sheridan that the Vorlons and Lorien know
about that we don't yet?

 #: 630874 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Dec-96  17:42:55
Sb: #630739-Lorien's waiting
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      He was waiting for whoever would be first to get that far.

                                                                    jms

   it. ]

 #: 630875 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Dec-96  17:42:57
Sb: #630797-WOW!!!! You're here!?!?!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks to both of you...it's a tough show to do, and the kind words are
most encouraging.