JMS on AOL: 02/12/96 to 02/13/96

b5jms-owner at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-owner at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 13 16:13:46 EST 1996

Forwarded message to B5JMS list.
Originally From: Kevin P Mooney <kpmooney at acsu.Buffalo.EDU>

The following is a compilation of the posts of JMS on AOL.  If you have
comments or suggestions, please e-mail me at <kpmooney at acsu.buffalo.edu>

WARNING:  Possible spoilers may lurk below.

ObSpoiler space:
:
:
:
:
:
:
;
;
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Subj:  Re:M.B.Roddenberry Apperance
Date:  96-02-12 03:49:36 EST
From:  Jms at B5

She appears in the last episode airing this month, before the rerun break,
"Point of No Return."

jms

Subj:  Re:Number of Episodes
Date:  96-02-12 03:51:07 EST
From:  Jms at B5

Every season of B5 has had 22 episodes, including this one.

jms

Subj:  Re:Cthulu in B5
Date:  96-02-12 03:53:37 EST
From:  Jms at B5

There's a whole tapestry of related fiction of this sort...Lovecraft was one
practitioner, so was Dunsany, Clark Ashton Smith, August Derleth...it's a
grand tradition of SF.

jms

Subj:  Re:JMS: Who was the VofA?
Date:  96-02-13 05:50:00 EST
From:  Jms at B5

I figured that some elements of the First Ones should be consistent with one
another; others should have specific differences.  Using Ardwight
subliminally reinforced some of the consistencies.

jms

Subj:  Re:Can you rerun B-2?
Date:  96-02-13 05:50:26 EST
From:  Jms at B5

We're working on convincing WB to do this.

jms

Subj:  Re:Susan Ivanova
Date:  96-02-13 05:51:11 EST
From:  Jms at B5

Yes, she does, including a variation on her father's name as her middle name.

jms

Subj:  Re:VOA: The "Goods" on Clark
Date:  96-02-13 05:52:02 EST
From:  Jms at B5

As it happens, the info about Clark's doctor was also released a bit later,
which we'll hear about by the end of this month.

jms

Subj:  Re:Writing for TV
Date:  96-02-13 05:53:52 EST
From:  Jms at B5

I think it came out of the fact that Garibaldi doesn't trust ANYthing about
Bester, and that it's not out of the realm of possibility for Bester to find
some way to defeat the drug.  If not, then his line was basically another way
of stating "What the ___ are you pulling and why are you doing it and why the
hell didn't you TELL me you were going to do this before pulling it?"

jms

Subj:  Re:Help!
Date:  96-02-13 05:54:32 EST
From:  Jms at B5

It's my understanding that the station will show the last part of the show it
clipped right before the next new episode.  So tune in early.

jms

Subj:  Re:Instant Gratification
Date:  96-02-13 05:55:54 EST
From:  Jms at B5

What's being lost here, though, is that this show operates on the level of
metaphor as much as it operates out in the open.  The shadow war is also the
war within ourselves as much as it is Out There.  So Nightwatch, the
political situation back home, are shadow wars of their own.

That said, however, there's shooting aplenty in the course of this season.

jms

Subj:  Re:G' kar as a telepath ?
Date:  96-02-13 05:56:35 EST
From:  Jms at B5

What, you don't think G'Kar would look good in a bikini...?

jms

Subj:  Re:Psi Corps ethics
Date:  96-02-13 05:58:10 EST
From:  Jms at B5

Because it takes a certain amount of power, effort and skill to get detailed
information about someone.  A P5-P7 can get strong emotions, some details, in
brief bursts, but they're not always  as good on the big picture.  A P10 is
needed for strong scans, particularly if the person is resisting.  That means
a psi cop, and they're all registered.

jms

Subj:  Re:Londo's retribution?