ATTN JMS: You are one deep dude

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 2 06:10:49 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN JMS: You are one deep dude
+  1: Jul  2, 1996: Brent Schmidt <TVsBrent at MCS.COM>
*  2: Jul  2, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: Brent Schmidt <TVsBrent at MCS.COM>

JMS wrote elsewhere:
> There are an infinite number of moments I would like to rewrite,
> words I'd recall, opportunities lost I'd give a right arm for one
> more chance to take...five minutes when I would've stopped going
> through my life like a man late for a bus, missing the moments,
> because in the final analysis, the moments are all we have.

  This really has little to do with what you wrote above, but has a lot
to do with where else I've heard it.  This statement above sounds a lot
like Londo in "Signs and Portents".  This is about the fourth or fifth
time, I'm sure there have been more, where I've heard your characters
voices welling up through your messages.
  You must be one deep, complex person to have all these different
aspects of yourself that you pull out and use for your characters.
  I'm in awe, envious . . . and a little frightened.
     "Remember - Pillage before you Burn!"

Brent Schmidt                 TVsBrent at MCS.COM

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

"This statement above sounds a lot like Londo in "Signs and Portents".
This is about the fourth or fifth time, I'm sure there have been more,
where I've heard your characters voices welling up through your messages."

Yeah, that line kinda blurs sometimes...they're all somewhat different
pieces of myself, peeled off as necessary.

"You must be one deep, complex person to have all these different aspects
of yourself that you pull out and use for your characters."

Or deeply schizophrenic.

:I'm in awe, envious . . . and a little frightened."

You and me too, bunky....

Actually, a tad more seriously...we all have these aspects, it's just
being willing and/or stupid enough to do so in front of people, or when
writing.  And by virtue of being Eastern European in my origins, I tend
toward the morose to *begin* with, so it's all downhill from there.