JMS on CompuServe (Jul 12, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Jul 12 13:26:38 EDT 1996

    Sb: #538199-#Just Our Luck
    Sb: #538214-Babylon 5
    Sb: #538241-You are number 29!
    Sb: #538270-B5 BUBBLE BUDDY
    Sb: #538571-Harlan Ellison on Snyder
    Sb: #538361-Babylon 5
    Sb: #538573-B5 BUBBLE BUDDY
    Sb: #538405-Previously on Babylon 5
    Sb: #538397-#Delenn Kissing

 #: 538199 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  07:05:04
Sb: #537613-#Just Our Luck
Fm: PETER DAVID

You get zero sympathy from me.

For that same issue of TV GUIDE, they were going to write up SPACE
CASES...until HYPERNAUTS was taken off the air.  Once HYPERNAUTS was yanked,
they dropped plans to make any mention of us at all, because if they couldn't
compare us to HYPERNAUTS, they weren't interested.

PAD

 #: 538469 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  17:33:51
Sb: #538199-#Just Our Luck
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       "...if they couldn't compare us to HYPERNAUTS, they weren't interested."

       We put up with the same thing in relation to Star Trek for a long time.

       It's your turn in the barrel, binky.

    11-Jul-96  07:44:06
Sb: #538117-#Babylon 5
Fm: JEFF FRANK

>> Yes, there are currently 4 or so different publishers vying for the
rights to do the B5 book, now that the rights have returned from DC. <<

Can you tell us who's in the running?

Jeff
Sigh Corps - Pat Tallman Division
Dictator of Michigan and the Great Lakes Region
Auditor General
Fear RMES! - Everywhere for *your* convenience

 #: 538470 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  17:33:51
Sb: #538214-Babylon 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Not until things get firmed up.

                                                                       jms

   influential person in SF and fantasy in SFX magazine.  The poster
   reproduced what they say about JMS:
    "With confirmation of the fourth season making a fifth near certain,
     this may seem a lowly position for JMS, but the further of his fans
     can't alter the fact the B5 is rating far lower than its immediate
     rival, DS9. B5 is up for a hugo award, but he will have little
     interest in his influence in the business because he intends to
     abandon TV for novels once B5 is complete." ]

 #: 538471 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  17:33:53
Sb: #538241-You are number 29!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's fine, and the idea of rankings is kinda silly anyway.  And the
statement is basically true; we won't get the big notices until we hit TNT
after the show's done.  But that's okay.  I can wait.

                                                                       jms

   Bubble Buddies. ]

 #: 538472 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  17:33:56
Sb: #538270-B5 BUBBLE BUDDY
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Dunno...I only got one each myself.

    11-Jul-96  20:32:31
Sb: #538051-#Harlan Ellison on Snyder
Fm: RAE AUGENSTEIN

Any chance of you ending up on Tom Snyder some day? That would be a hoot.

 I always enjoy seeing Harlan on Snyder. You can tell they've been friends for
a while.

 And I forgot that Harlan was from Painesville, Ohio. When I was little I lived
in Mentor, the next town over.

 #: 538591 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  21:20:31
Sb: #538571-Harlan Ellison on Snyder
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Doubt I'll get on Snyder; I ain't generally talk show material.

                                                                    jms

   books to another company when DC previously had that license. ]

 #: 538592 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  21:20:33
Sb: #538361-Babylon 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      DC got the license by buying it, like everybody else.  But since things
creatively went south, we now go elsewhere.

    11-Jul-96  20:32:35
Sb: #538131-#B5 BUBBLE BUDDY
Fm: RAE AUGENSTEIN

Joe:

 I love bubbles, and I'm 26. <G> (They're also great amusement for the cats.)

 Where can I get my very own B5 Bubble Buddy?

 #: 538593 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  21:20:35
Sb: #538573-B5 BUBBLE BUDDY
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I actually don't know where they're being sold, what chains, but I'd
check the young children's section of any toy store, or conventions if that
doesn't work out.

                                                                    jms

   Babylon 5 from "Severed Dreams" and didn't feel very left out at all. ]

 #: 538594 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-96  21:20:37
Sb: #538405-Previously on Babylon 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That's great to hear, thanks.

      This is really one of the great myths of B5...that because of the ongoing
story, you need to have all this advance work, or be online, or have seen every
episode to follow the story.  I work extremely hard at doing the best I can to
make sure that each episode contains all or 90% of the information you need to
follow what happens.  (About the closest exception to this would be the "War"
two-parter.)  It leads to some amount of repition for Constant Viewers, but in
cases like this, where someone joins the story at "Severed Dreams," it really
pays off, allowing them to jump right in.

    11-Jul-96  15:20:59
Sb: #Delenn Kissing
Fm: PAUL OWEN

Joe !

In STV Delenn almost gets kissed by Sheridan. You have taken almost 2 Years B5
time to get to this point and my question concerns Delennns natural instincts
here. Prior to this point we have only ever seen Minbari express feelings
toward one another in a very ritualistic laying of hands, however in STV she
quite definitely seems to know what she should be doing, is this due to the
pressure of her altered biology ? or is was it intended that this long slow
build up would give her enough experience of Human emotional response that it
would be natural to her by this point.

I'm really curious about this (probably along with a few million others !!!!!

Paul

 #: 538654 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Jul-96  23:26:44
Sb: #538397-#Delenn Kissing
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Some of it's biology, some of it's probably from those romance novels she
ordered on the sly from Earth before they broke away....