JMS on CompuServe (Jul 23, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Jul 24 02:35:58 EDT 1996

    Sb: #544127-Keonig on B5!!!
    Sb: #544256-#"INDEPENDENCE DAY" AWFUL
    Sb: #544388-Video Tapes/ Mail Order
    Sb: #544427-B5 on Video.
    Sb: #544476-<WWE1 - dialog>
    Sb: #544852-#Keonig on B5!!!

   Koenig being a traitor for being on B5, points out a rivalry between
   B5 and Trek. ]

 #: 545247 S2/Star Trek: General
    23-Jul-96  19:41:13
Sb: #544127-Keonig on B5!!!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       But that's the thing about it...that rivalry exists only between certain
groups of fans and not between those who actually make the shows. The ST and B5
shows have many friends in common, we've played softball against their teams,
their EFX guys call our EFX guys when there's a great looking scene and vice
versa, on and on.

       Majel Barrett Roddenberry made it a point to appear on our show to help
make it clear that this division was basically silly, and that there was room
for both these shows.  If a Roddenberry can do it, and follow the principle of
IDIC, it seems not unreasonable to suggest that this may be the way to go.

    22-Jul-96  10:57:09
Sb: #543352-#"INDEPENDENCE DAY" AWFUL
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Joe,

That about sums up Greg's and my response to Independence Day, also.  The story
was nowhere, the acting was okay, and the effects were awesome!  (That's also
about what Mojo said at RebelCon.  He led a trip to Rhode Island to catch an
after midnight showing.  They were all slightly wasted the next day.  <g>)  We
enjoyed it, though, and were very glad of the air conditioning in the theater,
since we went on a wicked hot evening.

About the visual effects, though...  A friend told me that there has been a
"Movie Magic" segment about making ID4.  How come we've never seen one on B5?
Hasn't Dicovery done one, or did we manage to miss it?  With Chris Franke doing
the music for that show, can't you contact the producers and get into their
lineup?  Or is this another example of WB a**h***ishness?

Anne

 #: 545248 S5/Babylon 5: General
    23-Jul-96  19:41:16
Sb: #544256-#"INDEPENDENCE DAY" AWFUL
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Movie Magic wanted to do an hour on B5, but it was nixed by WB; we hope
to do one eventually, though.

                                                                       jms

   video collection is #1 in an HMV record store. ]

 #: 545249 S5/Babylon 5: General
    23-Jul-96  19:41:18
Sb: #544388-Video Tapes/ Mail Order
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's great to hear, thanks!

                                                                       jms

   a date of when they will be released. ]

 #: 545250 S5/Babylon 5: General
    23-Jul-96  19:41:20
Sb: #544427-B5 on Video.
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No and no.

                                                                       jms

 #: 545251 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    23-Jul-96  19:41:21
Sb: #544476-<WWE1 - dialog>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Doubtful.

                                                                       jms

   and started watching.  She loved "Severed Dreams" and enjoyed seeing
   "the still-cute Walter Koenig" in "Ship of Tears." ]

 #: 545253 S2/Star Trek: General
    23-Jul-96  19:41:26
Sb: #544852-#Keonig on B5!!!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I appreciate hearing that, and I'm glad you decided to give it a chance.
And we're looking forward to seeing even more of Bester this coming season.