SPOILERS Season 4 First Episode

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 4 06:19:35 EDT 1996

Subject: SPOILERS Season 4 First Episode
+  1: Jun  3, 1996: dshao at best.com (David Shao)
+  2: Jun  3, 1996: steve  perryman <steve.perryman at worldnet.att.net>
*  3: Jun  3, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: dshao at best.com (David Shao)

SPOILERS season 4 first episode

(Moderators: I believe there should be no need to insert
further spoiler protection.  The text that follows at first
has no indication of anything from season 4.  I then
have explicit warnings and cntl-Ls.)

SPOILERS Season 4 First Episode

The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5, maintained by Steven Grimm,
is in my opinion the best resource (other than JMS himself)
for information about Babylon 5.  For those with web access,
The Lurker's Guide has the URL:

http://www.hyperion.com/lurk/lurker.html

I believe the ISP was changed recently so that if one has
trouble connecting to the above address, try using
http://206.148.146.193/lurk/lurker.html

The Lurker's Guide generally seems to me to be one of the
fastest sources for news about B5.  In retrospect we now
know that the Lurker's Guide announcement that B5 has
been renewed for season 4 was not premature at all.

I also believe that the analysis of each episode presented
in the Lurker's Guide is the best that can be found
anywhere.

I saw on the Lurker's Guide tonight that JMS had already
indicated a preliminary title for the first episode of
season 4.

SPOILERS for season 4 first episode

SPOILERS for season 4 first episode

SPOILERS for season 4 first episode

The preliminary title for season 4's first episode according
to JMS is "The Hour of the Wolf".

One myth from Norse mythology that has always intrigued me
was the myth of the Fenris Wolf.

>From my very rough and inaccurate memory, I believe the
Fenris Wolf was one of three children of Loki, the other
two being Hel and the Midgard serpent.

The Fenris Wolf was so powerful it was a threat to creation,
and it could not be bound by ordinary means, so the gods
had a magic chain made from components such as the beard of
a woman and the voices of cats.  The gods tried to trick
Fenris into allowing the chain to be put on it, but Fenris
would not agree unless one of them put his sword-hand into
its mouth.  Tyr the god of war was the only one brave
enough to meet Fenris's demand and thus lost his right
hand after Fenris found he could not break the magic chain.

Fenris is held by the chain until the twilight of the gods,
Ragnarok, when he breaks free.  In the climactic battle
between the gods and the giants, Fenris devours Odin, the
leader of the gods.  (I believe that Fenris might also
achieve one of his other goals of swallowing the sun.)
Odin's son Vidar avenges his father's death by killing
Fenris and is one of the few gods to survive the battle
to help begin the new age.

David Shao

From: steve  perryman <steve.perryman at worldnet.att.net>

dshao at best.com (David Shao) wrote:
>SPOILERS season 4 first episode
>
>(Moderators: I believe there should be no need to insert
>further spoiler protection.  The text that follows at first
>has no indication of anything from season 4.  I then
>have explicit warnings and cntl-Ls.)
>
>SPOILERS Season 4 First Episode
>
>The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5, maintained by Steven Grimm,
>is in my opinion the best resource (other than JMS himself)
>for information about Babylon 5.  For those with web access,
>The Lurker's Guide has the URL:
>
>http://www.hyperion.com/lurk/lurker.html
>
>I believe the ISP was changed recently so that if one has
>trouble connecting to the above address, try using
>http://206.148.146.193/lurk/lurker.html
>
>The Lurker's Guide generally seems to me to be one of the
>fastest sources for news about B5.  In retrospect we now
>know that the Lurker's Guide announcement that B5 has
>been renewed for season 4 was not premature at all.
>
>I also believe that the analysis of each episode presented
>in the Lurker's Guide is the best that can be found
>anywhere.
>
>I saw on the Lurker's Guide tonight that JMS had already
>indicated a preliminary title for the first episode of
>season 4.
>

>SPOILERS for season 4 first episode
>

>SPOILERS for season 4 first episode
>

>SPOILERS for season 4 first episode
>
>The preliminary title for season 4's first episode according
>to JMS is "The Hour of the Wolf".
>
>One myth from Norse mythology that has always intrigued me
>was the myth of the Fenris Wolf.
>
>>From my very rough and inaccurate memory, I believe the
>Fenris Wolf was one of three children of Loki, the other
>two being Hel and the Midgard serpent.

    Child of Loki, eh? Or perhaps minion of Shadows in this case?

>The Fenris Wolf was so powerful it was a threat to creation,
>and it could not be bound by ordinary means, so the gods
>had a magic chain made from components such as the beard of
>a woman and the voices of cats.  The gods tried to trick
>Fenris into allowing the chain to be put on it, but Fenris
>would not agree unless one of them put his sword-hand into
>its mouth.  Tyr the god of war was the only one brave
>enough to meet Fenris's demand and thus lost his right
>hand after Fenris found he could not break the magic chain.

    Maybe this speaks of a sacrifice during the last war against
  the Shadows. Could be a reason the Walkers didn't like the
   Vorlons.

>Fenris is held by the chain until the twilight of the gods,
>Ragnarok, when he breaks free.  In the climactic battle
>between the gods and the giants, Fenris devours Odin, the
>leader of the gods.  (I believe that Fenris might also
>achieve one of his other goals of swallowing the sun.)
>Odin's son Vidar avenges his father's death by killing
>Fenris and is one of the few gods to survive the battle
>to help begin the new age.
>
>David Shao

      Maybe this could have to do with the Walkers finally stepping
   into the conflict.

   Of course, this is all just speculation on my part, but the
   similarities between this legend, what's going on now, and
   what we *know* is coming is a little suspicious.

Matthew Perryman
steve.perryman at worldnet.att.net

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

"In retrospect we now know that the Lurker's Guide announcement that B5
has
been renewed for season 4 was not premature at all."

Incorrect.  The Lurker's Guide said that the show had been renewed.  It
had not yet been renewed, and has not *formally* been renewed yet.  You
don't say the baby has been born if it's still hanging around in it's
mother.