JMS on CompuServe (Jun 25, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Jun 25 15:07:31 EDT 1996

    Sb: #528763-Series Renewal
    Sb: #528764-#Shadows are Beautiful!
    Sb: #528925-Shadows are Beautiful!
    Sb: #528992-#Shadows are Beautiful!
    Sb: #528985-#Why GA deserves an Emmy

 #: 528763 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jun-96  08:25:47
Sb: #528673-#Series Renewal
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Joe,

Will Janet Greek be back?  I'll put in a vote for more of her work!

Anne

 #: 528964 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jun-96  15:05:03
Sb: #528763-Series Renewal
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       We'd love to have Janet back, but she apparently just adopted an infant,
and isn't sure she wants to do any work for the coming year.

    24-Jun-96  08:25:49
Sb: #528686-#Shadows are Beautiful!
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Joe,

Somehow, I expected that.  I wrote John Leonard a long letter pointing out that
the Shadows' evil intent was still an open question, after he cited it as an
on-air SF expression of immigrant xenophobia.  I haven't had any response
yet...

By the way, I haven't actually told you how pleased Greg and I are that the
show has been renewed.  It's great!  (The news, as well as the program. <g>) I
know that you will "keep up the good work!"

Thanks...

Anne

 #: 528965 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jun-96  15:05:04
Sb: #528764-#Shadows are Beautiful!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks...and I'm not sure the shadows' motivation is an "open" question
as much as it is one open TO interpretation....

    24-Jun-96  13:33:18
Sb: #528686-#Shadows are Beautiful!
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Joe,

        <Ah, you are now the first...there will be others....>

        Ummmm......I've been saying that until we know what the Shadows
want/need, we can't judge them as necessarily evil for quite some time now.  Is
that in some way different from what Elizabeth said??

     Tom^^^^

     The Shadows have returned to Capistrano.

 #: 528967 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jun-96  15:05:08
Sb: #528925-Shadows are Beautiful!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It's between those two positions....

                                                                       jms

   Shadows he missed, because he doesn't feel he has enough to draw any
   conclusions. ]

 #: 529270 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jun-96  21:22:33
Sb: #528992-#Shadows are Beautiful!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      You don't have all the information yet on which to base any conclusions;
it's coming by season's end.

                                                                    jms

   as much attention and respect in the media if it had been syndicated in
   the same way as Babylon 5.  The user who thinks it would goes on to
   state that Babylon 5 wouldn't, because even in England, where it airs
   every Sunday at the same time, it's "lucky to get 2-3 million viewers
   after 2 years." ]

 #: 529282 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jun-96  21:36:23
Sb: #528985-#Why GA deserves an Emmy
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Since you mention the UK ratings, the newest volume of the B5 videotape,
#11, just came out in the UK...and it's #1 on the charts, topping the X-Files
you cite.

      As for the other UK ratings you mention, Channel 4 is always generally
rated lower than BBC1 and BBC2; within the course of what C4 airs, B5 does
*extremely* well for them, and just recently came in at #16 in their list of
programming.