JMS on CompuServe (Mar 12, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett brent.barrett at 24stex.com
Tue Mar 12 14:00:39 EST 1996

 [ Note from Brent: Before you ask, no I cannot forward
   your questions to JMS.  He has asked that questions
   not originating from CIS accounts not be posted to
   CIS.  He encourages all of us to wait for the
   moderated USENET group, to which he plans to
   subscribe. ]

#: 468299 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-96  05:49:18
Sb: #467955-#Fan Club
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Joe,

I have to agree with the person who thought 100 is too small a number!  Ouch!

Are you assembling a mailing list from people who write the PO box now?  I'm
not internet enabled until I can afford a new hard drive.  (Running out of
space, chronically!)  Can you add an ordinary email address (not yours, one for
the club) to the snail mail address, so that we could importune your staff
without bothering you!!!

Anne

#: 468522 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-96  14:33:00
Sb: #468299-Fan Club
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There's a mailing list being put together, yes, but what'll count is
when the actual checks arrive, and we haven't released the figure yet.  BTW, we
also plan to offer fan club members a 10% discount on all B5 merchandise
produced by the club.

                                                                       jms

   does it have a lower house (like the U.S. & U.K.) or is it more like
   ancient Rome?  She and her husband love the show. ]

#: 468523 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    11-Mar-96  14:33:02
Sb: #468309-<Point of No Return>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks.

       There's not a lower house in the EA, in the sense that each nation/state
has its own various houses, and its own leader, but that leader is also part of
the EA senate.  One per nation/state.  Each nation/state has its own
constitution, but must not contravene the larger principles of the EA
constitution.

                                                                       jms

   "Street Angels" and was recently nominated for a Hubbie Award for
   Best Serial Killer is the same Kim Strauss that has played Markabs,
   Narns, and the Green Drazi Leader. ]

#: 468524 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-96  14:33:03
Sb: #468314-Kim Strauss
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Dunno, but I'll find out.

    11-Mar-96  08:50:45
Sb: #468235-#Space Cases Thoughts?
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>       I haven't yet decided...though I have some ideas...and a few of them
are *real* doozies.

Jumping in late, if you are talking about writing for Space Cases, I would
think that PAD and Bill would have to be nuts to let you do that. Especially
after all the...um...homiages you got on ep #2...

So...got any ideas about how to handle the Great Straczynski War Machine...

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

#: 468525 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-96  14:33:05
Sb: #468328-#Space Cases Thoughts?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Oh, I have no intention of writing for the show...but the ball is in my
corner now, and I have to return it somehow.

    11-Mar-96  10:01:51
Sb: #468235-#Space Cases Thoughts?
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Joe,

        I'm finding it interesting how many people with a B5 connection are
involved in the two new SF shows (Space Cases and Hypernauts).  Is this a trend
you expect to see continue in the future?  In some ways you must feel like a
proud papa.<G>

     Tom^^^^

     Guardian of the Republic
     General Pain in the Butt
     Ranger

#: 468526 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-96  14:33:07
Sb: #468385-#Space Cases Thoughts?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       We're ahead of our time, and forging a new way of doing TV, no question.

                                                               jms

   Babylon Squared and All Alone in the Night again and was struck by the
   Gray Council phrase "we stand between the darkness and the light."
   The poster thinks that Sheridan & Delenn's off-spring will actually be
   Valen himself, and that Valen "ends up going back 1000 years to stop
   the shadows."  And that the Minbari finally discover what the Vorlons
   are actually up to and decide they must form the Gray Council to keep
   themselves positioned between the Shadows and Vorlons forever. ]

#: 468527 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-96  14:33:09
Sb: #468407-Grey council,more than..
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       All I can say is...not bad.

                                                                       jms

   "Sci-Fi & Fantasy MODELS" magazine which contains an ad offering a
   Star Fury model.  Wonders if this is something new to JMS. ]

#: 468861 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Mar-96  00:36:18
Sb: #468635-Starfury Model?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, send me a copy.  I think these are the same guys we've already
targeted, but it never hurts to be sure.

       We shut them down as soon as we hear about them.

    11-Mar-96  17:44:46
Sb: #468202-#8 NEW B5 EPS!
Fm: ELIZABETH

One question:  The name Michael York (w/ A Late Delivery from Avalon) sounds
familiar, but I can't place him.  Has he been on before?  (I haven't seen much
of 2nd season or any of 1st)  Thanks!

Liz

#: 468862 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Mar-96  00:36:18
Sb: #468675-8 NEW B5 EPS!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       York's a major film actor who's starred in many films, including one of
my personal favorites, "Cabaret."  Also in the "Logan's Run" movie.

                                                                       jms

   located.  Also makes the mistake of asking JMS two questions, the second
   about the Na'ka'leen Feeders. ]

#: 468864 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Mar-96  00:36:25
Sb: #468691-Two questions...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       The Playgirl with Biggs is out now here in the states; I don't know the
issue date offhand, but it came out a couple/three weeks ago.  It's only a
one-page or so item.

                                                                       jms

   essentially just forced all Internet users to send him e-mail for
   their questions. ]

#: 468865 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Mar-96  00:36:26
Sb: #468705-From jms re:Email
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's true, but only until the moderated groups is up and running,
which I hope is soon, then all internet folks will continue to have free
access.

    11-Mar-96  21:03:44
Sb: #FoN
Fm: ELIZABETH

When I saw Fall of Night for the first time, I was a newbie B5'r who wasn't
sure if she was going to stick around.  FoN was what made me want to stick
around.  The three previous were good, but FoN really caught my attention.

Seeing it again last night <argh, Sunday> really brought to my attention how
different I look at it now from then.  Now I see how it fits into the plot,
root for certain characters, hope something happens to others <g>, and I
absolutely loved it when Kosh came out.  Fantastique.  Back then, I was just
thinking, "Hey, this would be a cool show to watch sometimes."  <g>

Thanks.
Liz
Looking forward to seeing Season 2 eps I haven't seen.

#: 468867 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Mar-96  00:36:32
Sb: #468813-FoN
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks.  Yes, the show (and individual episodes) takes on a different
sense the more you watch it, and can look back.  It's fun....

                                                                       jms

 * Brent Barrett    brent.barrett at 24stex.com *
 * Senior Software Engineer   Automedia, Inc *
 *          -- Watch Babylon-5! --           *

-*** <b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu>.  If you want to send your
-*** reply to someone else, make sure the "To:" header line is correctly
-*** set.  COPYRIGHT NOTICE: You may NOT repost any messages appearing in
-*** this B5JMS list/digest to any other forum without prior permission from
-*** all of the respective authors.