JMS on CompuServe (Mar 13, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett brent.barrett at 24stex.com
Wed Mar 13 15:54:48 EST 1996

 [ Note from Brent: Before you ask, no I cannot forward
   your questions to JMS.  He has asked that questions
   not originating from CIS accounts not be posted to
   CIS.  He encourages all of us to wait for the
   moderated USENET group, to which he plans to
   subscribe. ]

   available in widescreen, period !," is correct. ]

 #: 469058 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Mar-96  17:47:29
Sb: #468985-Babylon 5 - Widescreen
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, the report is not correct.  Only the 2-hour pilot was filmed in
normal aspect ratio; from day one, the series has been shot in widescreen
format, cropped for current ratios.

    12-Mar-96  16:52:13
Sb: #Duck food?
Fm: MARK SLOAN

Hi, Joe

Did someone once say negotiating with TV executives was "like being nibbled to
death by ducks"? If so, who was it? Have I got the context right? I believe
this remark gave birth to one of my favourite exchanges between Londo and Vir.

Regards,
Mark Sloan

 #: 469059 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Mar-96  17:47:30
Sb: #469045-Duck food?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I think it was Eric Severied of CBS News.

                                                                       jms

   re-asked just the question that JMS failed to answer: "Are there ANY
   future plans for Na'ka'leen feeders in the show?" ]

 #: 469323 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:26
Sb: #469094-#Two questions...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, no plans for feeders.

    12-Mar-96  19:25:38
Sb: #468522-#Fan Club
Fm: ASHA DEVELDER

Joe,

   Is there already a P.O. Box where one can join the club?  I haven't been
able to read the whole forum lately, so I might have missed something....

                         Asha
                     @}-`---,---

 #: 469324 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:27
Sb: #469103-Fan Club
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There's a PO box, which I'll post when we're closer to doing this.

    12-Mar-96  20:31:02
Sb: #468202-#8 NEW B5 EPS!
Fm: FITZGERALDS

Glad to hear of the new episodes.  I can remember when 39 episodes per season
were the norm.  (Guess I'm dating  mysel!)  <BG>
On another note, have you ever kill off a main character in B5?  If not, is
that ever a possibilty?
Nora

 #: 469325 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:30
Sb: #469125-8 NEW B5 EPS!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yes, we killed Lt. Keffer, one of our starfury pilot recurring
characters, and killed Talia's primary personality.

                                                                       jms

   world "must be a daunting responsibility on your part--or maybe amusing
   or maybe irritating." ]

 #: 469328 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:38
Sb: #469184-B5 PR
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, actually, it's neither annoying nor irritating to have all my posts
archived.  For starters, it keeps me honest; I don't think I've ever been
caught out in a major contradiction.  It shows the progression of events, and
chronicles how a show is made for educational purposes.

       (Since some are opting out of being reposted, I'm going to try to make
my replies here more reflective, so they can be followed even without any
supporting messages.)

                                                                       jms

 #: 469329 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:39
Sb: #469221-#8 NEW B5 EPS!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       We knew last year that Kung Fu would only go 4 seasons, as that was what
PTEN needed to make the production worthwhile.  88 episodes is a good average
syndication package.

                                                                       jms

 #: 469330 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:41
Sb: #469252-Security Forces again
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It's regulated as part of the military.

                                                                       jms

   episode, he finds "whole new levels of detail and nuance that got
   by me the first time." ]

 #: 469331 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:45
Sb: #469255-8 NEW B5 EPS!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks, we try to keep it interesting.

                                                                       jms

   up and mature.  For examples, he uses Lennier and Vir, both of whom are
   becoming equals to their bosses in terms of maturity.  Then asks if the
   first ones are first ones because they're more mature as a species or
   just because they've been here a long time. ]

 #: 469332 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Mar-96  02:50:46
Sb: #469279-Question re:First Ones
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       A first one is a first one because...well, they're first.  But yes, the
characters are growing.  Growth and change are at the center of the show.

                                                                       jms

 * Brent Barrett    brent.barrett at 24stex.com *
 * Senior Software Engineer   Automedia, Inc *
 *          -- Watch Babylon-5! --           *

-*** <b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu>.  If you want to send your
-*** reply to someone else, make sure the "To:" header line is correctly
-*** set.  COPYRIGHT NOTICE: You may NOT repost any messages appearing in
-*** this B5JMS list/digest to any other forum without prior permission from
-*** all of the respective authors.