JMS on CompuServe (Mar 25, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett brent.barrett at 24stex.com
Mon Mar 25 15:37:00 EST 1996

 [ Note from Brent: Before you ask, no I cannot forward
   your questions to JMS.  He has asked that questions
   not originating from CIS accounts not be posted to
   CIS.  He encourages all of us to wait for the
   moderated USENET group, to which he plans to
   subscribe. ]

 #: 475420 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Mar-96  17:37:02
Sb: #Vorlon legends
Fm: JAMES R. KAPESIS

Now that people have seen a Vorlon, Kosh, the legend that people turning to
stone when they see a Vorlon is wrong right?

 #: 475611 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Mar-96  22:44:22
Sb: #475420-Vorlon legends
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yes.  Not every legend is true.

                                                                       jms

   should the poster address JMS in messages? ]

 #: 475612 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Mar-96  22:44:23
Sb: #475566-What happens if...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Joe is fine, and at this juncture, I can't even contemplate the question
of not being able to finish the story, one way or another.

                                                                       jms

 #: 475615 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Mar-96  22:52:48
Sb: #475541-B5 CD-ROM
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       If by "personnel avi's seem messed up," you mean the sound that comes
with it, that chirrruping, that's the sound of the identicard scanner in the
original pilot, which the rom folks used here.

                                                                       jms

   in his response. ]

 #: 475616 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    24-Mar-96  22:52:49
Sb: #475585-#Unresolved plot lines
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       We'll hear more on Na'Toth this season.

       Laurel was, as stated in the series, transferred to the Rim.

       Dr. Kyle, as stated in the series, was transferred back to Earth.

       Talia was sent back to the Psi Corps as stated in the series.

       Bureau 13 changed it's name and was absorbed into the whole Psi Corps
covert operation.  Secret organizations are constantly changing their names.
Homeguard has been absorbed into Nightwatch.

       The fate of B4 will be shown this season.

                                                                       jms

   entered into the Compuserve system are copyrighted by CIS . . ."  States
   that he never read or signed anything which gave co-ownership of his
   messages to CIS and if he reposts his own messages elsewhere, "CIS can
   just try to stop [him]!" ]

 #: 475668 S5/Babylon 5: General
    25-Mar-96  01:36:15
Sb: #475638-Violating Your Privacy
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       As I understand it, CIS claims compilation copyright to all messages as
a whole, but you retain the rights to your own specific messages, so you can
repost your own stuff anywhere you like, and if someone wants to repost yours,
all they have to do is get your permission, as folks here are now doing, and
it's all kosher.

                                                                       jms

   is "food for thought." ]

 #: 475670 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    25-Mar-96  01:36:17
Sb: #475652-#Unresolved plot lines
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Homeguard isn't the totality of Nightwatch, but NW has absorbed it into
its overall structure, for the most part.

    24-Mar-96  23:37:04
Sb: #Popularity & Msg Traffic
Fm: WILLIAM H. DIPAOLA

        I love it, I drop in here and see some people place so much emphasis on
ratings, yet I see people within this Forum showing a more passionate caring
about their show, than the sort of traffic that is seen in the Voyager section.

Let's see, here are the numbers as of this Day and Time, in the Year of Our
Lord, 1996:

                        Topics  Msgs.
Babylon 5: General:     112     451
           Voyager:     20      65
               DS9:     15      45
 Star Trek\General:     36      83

                Now, people can drone on about Ratings all they Care too, but
clearly there is more of a passion, more of a Fire burning in the Hearts and
Minds of we B5ers. <g>  Also, if Anyone cares to talk about Ratings, I'd
suggest they look at Message #  475630.         Enough said.  <bg>

 #: 475678 S5/Babylon 5: General
    25-Mar-96  01:48:23
Sb: #475636-#Popularity & Msg Traffic
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yes, as your stats noted, it's been pointed out to me that in general,
B5 messages outnumber the ST messages here on CIS by a factor of 5-to-1 on most
days, and in some cases, as you noted, almost 10-to-1 (the 45 for DS9 and the
451 for B5 in the same period).

       I think it's in part because, once the episode is over, that's when the
fun *really* starts as folks get into the debates and discussions of what the
episode dealt with, the quesions -- plot, moral and ethical -- raised in the
episode, the thematic and historical elements, and so on.  The show doesn't
operate in a vacuum (though the B5 station obviously does), and it's the
threads that reach into other areas that provoke discussion.

       Which is a Very Good Thing from where I sit.

                                                                       jms

** REMOVE **

   ****   |   ****
   **  {~.|.~}  **
   *    (=|=)    *
   *------+------*
   *   ()~|~()   *
   **  (_)|(_)  **
   ****   |   ****
   ***************

 ]

 #: 475679 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    25-Mar-96  01:48:24
Sb: #475667-Tribute
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Send that one to Peter David.  I dare you.  I double dare you.

                                                                        jms

 * Brent Barrett    brent.barrett at 24stex.com *
 * Senior Software Engineer   Automedia, Inc *
 *          -- Watch Babylon-5! --           *

-*** <b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu>.  If you want to send your
-*** reply to someone else, make sure the "To:" header line is correctly
-*** set.  COPYRIGHT NOTICE: You may NOT repost any messages appearing in
-*** this B5JMS list/digest to any other forum without prior permission from
-*** all of the respective authors.