ATTN JMS wwe2 (spoilers)

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat May 25 06:33:40 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN JMS wwe2 (spoilers)
+  1: May 24, 1996: hbcsc091 at csun.edu (randall katz)
*  2: May 24, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: hbcsc091 at csun.edu (randall katz)

There are spoilers below for War Without End Part 2...beleive me, you
don't want to be spoiled on this one, so read at your own risk....

30
29
28
27
26
25
24
23
22
21
20
19
18
17
16
15
14
13
12
11
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1

Ok...first, JMS, you're a devil :)  I would have never guessed in 1000
years that Delenn was the one in the blue suit who saved Zathras way back
in Babylon squared.  That was probably the single biggest suprise in the
whole episode.  I guess i had it pegged that Sinclair was Valen...I had my
suspicions as far back as Babylon squared itself, but Lenniers remarks in
PtG were sort of a dead giveaway, and part one of this episode all but
sealed any suspicions that were lingering.

Anyways, this was a great episode.  I do have a few questions:

1.  Since you've stated that the Babylon squared time travel incident
would be the only one for the entire series, is there any way we might get
answers to somet of the questions that seemed to be raised from the
far future?

2.  How much will sinclair's knowledge of the future affect what is to come?

3.  The question I'm really dying for an answer to though, is this:
Hasn't this episode in a sense made a large part of the arc
anti-climactic?  I mean, we now know that the forces of light are
victorious again, at least to some degree, we know of David (named for
sinclair?), we know what becomes of Londo etc.  Whenever most of the major
characters are in a life threatening situation, we now know that they
survive it (it would seem).

I don't know...this episode answered a lot of questions/suspicions (and
raised plenty more of course), but it answered so many that had been
lingering for so long now, Its sort of like going with food for three
years, and then one day being forced to eat a three years supply of food
all at once.  Here we are begging for answers, and then when you give it
to us its like we're downstream and you dynamited the Hoover Dam :)

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

1.  Since you've stated that the Babylon squared time travel incident
would be the only one for the entire series, is there any way we might get
answers to somet of the questions that seemed to be raised from the far
future?

In a sense.

2.  How much will sinclair's knowledge of the future affect what is to
come?

Sinclair has no further knowledge of the future; he knows only what he saw
up through and including the White Star.

3.  The question I'm really dying for an answer to though, is this:
Hasn't this episode in a sense made a large part of the arc
anti-climactic?  I mean, we now know that the forces of light are
victorious again, at least to some degree, we know of David (named for
sinclair?), we know what becomes of Londo etc.  Whenever most of the major
characters are in a life threatening situation, we now know that they
survive it (it would seem).

We also "knew" that G'Kar would strangle Londo...what you didn't have was
context.  As we saw in part two, context is everything, and getting there
is half the fun.