Attn: JMS:question on the warrior and the spirit

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 3 06:19:32 EDT 1996

Subject: Attn: JMS:question on the warrior and the spirit
s  1: Oct  2, 1996: teresa.buchanan at Ebay.Sun.COM (Teresa Buchanan)
*  2: Oct  3, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: teresa.buchanan at Ebay.Sun.COM (Teresa Buchanan)

spoilers for season finale...

Dear JMS:

Out of curiosity, I scanned on the lurker's guide to reveiw future
plots, including the season finale(curiousity got the better of me as
I knew that the plots would start showing up soon).  As I was reading,
I really don't believe you are going to kill Captain Sheridan.
To kill the warrior would make the spirit stronger to continue the
fight; likewise the warrior would stand his ground if the spirit/guiding
light was removed.  However,the warrior would be confused-he would fight
on-but the chances of having renewed energy comes from the spirit of the
faith.  And yet, to kill Sheridan would make the future that has been
shown in WWE to be invalid.(Having sheridan appear before Emperor Londo
and then inprisoned.)Although premonitions are not always true due to
current decisions, actions taken, etc..

In retrospect, each of the main characters seem to be part of a single
unit.  Each of us have different personalities used at different times.
Would the direction of the plot be in such a way that you are describ-
ing the good vs. evil in a person?  Such that, each character represents
a particular part-Ivanova, the carefree independent soul;  Garibaldi,
the nosy, curious part of us; Dr. Franklin, naturally our internal
healer;  our internal controller/analyst would be Lennier.  He seems to
be reacting to events with a standard response(common sense?) so not to
appear ruffled.  But even the most stable can be riled, if necessary.
Of course, the part that tells us that we are right, this is right, is
the leader of the band would be the captain or warrior.  Our internal
intuition that can bring the warrior out would be the spirit, which is
represented by Delenn.

Morden could be that evil little voice that tells us we are wrong,
there is no right or wrong, or as Donald sutherland put it, "negative
vibes, man"(I forget the movie...it's with clint Eastwood, a humorous
WWII scenario)

I just can't help analyzing the relationship between the characters
and the bad guys and the universe in general.....;-)  just a part of
my own nature.

Sincerely,
Teresa Buchanan

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

That relationship, the warrior, the spirit, and the flesh, is just what's
dealt with in very short order....