JMS on CompuServe (Oct 05, 1996) * FINAL FOUR SPOILERS *

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Oct 5 19:12:48 EDT 1996

 The following posts DO contain SPOILERS for

 This SPECIAL section of "JMS on CompuServe"
 posts contains spoilers for the Final
 episodes of season three.

 This SPECIAL section of "JMS on CompuServe"
 posts contains spoilers for the Final
 episodes of season three.

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #586727-<<Z'ha'dum>> - a query
    Sb: #586879-#<Melissa Gilbert>
    Sb: #586646-<<Z'ha'dum - sneaky!!>>
    Sb: #587229-<Melissa Gilbert>
    Sb: #587373-#Support mechanism

    03-Oct-96  06:21:26
Sb: #586044-#<<Z'ha'dum>> - a query
Fm: DR JOHN A PURVIS

Just a further thought,

How do you cope with all this second guessing, querying and nit-picking about
every little aspect. do you ever feel like staying off-line and just forgeting
about all this stuff.

I mean no one official from Trek or any other series ever deigns to adjudicate
or settle queries etc

dont you yearn for some gold plated, never to be queried artistic licence

JP

 #: 587156 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Oct-96  23:39:49
Sb: #586727-<<Z'ha'dum>> - a query
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There are days it becomes a bit much...but you just take it and move on.
Overall, the experience is more positive than not.

    03-Oct-96  12:49:29
Sb: #<Melissa Gilbert>
Fm: CATHERINE BECIC

It's no longer a secret that Melissa Gilbert is playing Anna.  In Season 2 you
had another actress for Anna Sheridan.  Since you've switched to Melissa and
the series will eventually be on TNT, do you now go back and edit Melissa into
the Season 2 episode and replace the other actress?  Or will we still see the
switch of actresses when we see it again on TNT or eventually on video?

Catherine Becic
PS.  Finally got my kit!  Slapped that sticker on my car right away!

 #: 587158 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Oct-96  23:39:52
Sb: #586879-#<Melissa Gilbert>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's something we're considering; we had her do the entire message, and
shot Bruce in those sequences, so we have that option.  Sort of a Soviet
revisionism approach to television....

                                                                    jms

 #: 586646 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    03-Oct-96  01:16:47
Sb: #585775-#<<Z'ha'dum - sneaky!!>>
Fm: ALAN MULVIE

 '      I've checked it, and I think it was just the actor sliding a vowel to
make it clearer; "if you go to Z'ha'dum (ah) you will die."'

This is weird, I played it again last night about a dozen times.  Depending on
what you think he's going to say is how you here it.  A bit like an aural
optical illusion.  One second its You Will the next it's Will You.

WEIRD!!

Mlv

 #: 587159 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    03-Oct-96  23:39:54
Sb: #586646-<<Z'ha'dum - sneaky!!>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, that's Vorlons for you, it's all a matter of perception, everyone
sees and hears them differently.

    04-Oct-96  06:48:53
Sb: #587158-#<Melissa Gilbert>
Fm: DAN T. DAVIS

It might be "soviet revisionism", but moving from episodes to syndication is
probably one of your few chances to "fix" some of what you talk about: that
even with the best laid plans, there are some glitches you can't avoid in a
five year arc. The Anna Sheridan scene is a "big glitch" with an "easy fix".
Obviously, there are other glitches, but probably none as easy to "correct".

I'd say do it. You fixed Chrysalis after satellite release on the maze matte
shot, this would be a good fix as well.

Dan

 #: 587337 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    04-Oct-96  12:42:40
Sb: #587229-<Melissa Gilbert>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       True...and of course the Chrysalis situation wasn't our fault; we
delivered to WB the right pieces, but they had their satellite facility rebuild
it after they messed up the broadcsat...and used the wrong piece for that shot,
the pre-composite raw footage.

                                                                       jms

   both Babylon 5 and Garibaldi were what Justin referred to as Sheridan's
   "support mechanism." ]

 #: 587448 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    04-Oct-96  18:08:26
Sb: #587373-#Support mechanism
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Nope, I never identified Garibaldi as the support mechanism, only B5.