JMS on CompuServe (Oct 16, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Oct 17 00:16:58 EDT 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #593249-Vorlon Home World
    Sb: #593257-#<Rage's Thots: G17iM>
    Sb: #593325-#Glitch in "The Rock"?
    Sb: #592242-#Scripts available?
    Sb: #591361-Views of Possible Univ`
    Sb: #593382-Summary Episode?
    Sb: #593581-Glitch in "The Rock"?

 #: 593361 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    15-Oct-96  22:31:05
Sb: #593249-Vorlon Home World
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There are no plans at present to show the Vorlon homeworld.

    15-Oct-96  19:37:21
Sb: #593027-#<Rage's Thots: G17iM>
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Joe,

        <And no matter how much Ivanvoa trains, she'll never be much past a P1,
and that's more or less useless to them.>

        Are you saying that Susan's psi powers won't really be a factor in the
story??  Wouldn't that tend to go against the gun over the mantle rule??

     Tom^^^^

     "The avalanche has ALREADY started.  It is too late
      for the pebbles to vote." - Kosh Naranek

 #: 593362 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    15-Oct-96  22:31:07
Sb: #593257-#<Rage's Thots: G17iM>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Only if one assumes everything applies only to the Shadow war.

                                                                    jms

   holding in "And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place." ]

 #: 593363 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    15-Oct-96  22:31:09
Sb: #593325-#Glitch in "The Rock"?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope.  Refa had a flashlight, not a gun.

                                                                    jms

   scripts. ]

 #: 593602 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Oct-96  11:57:32
Sb: #592242-#Scripts available?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It's a moot point...yes, you can scan in a script, but a) only if you
have access to it, and b) you still have to go through massive amounts of work
making sure it's all properly spaced and laid out.

       As of now, "The Coming of Shadows" script is available in the new
edition of my scriptwriting book, so that's a start.

    12-Oct-96  03:22:20
Sb: #591078-#Views of Possible Univ`
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Bill,

That's about what I am.  I had a decade or so reading SF before Trek.  I still
read lots of SF, fantasy, and non-fiction.  (Not much contemporary fiction,
just don't care for it...)

Anne

 #: 593603 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Oct-96  11:57:35
Sb: #591361-Views of Possible Univ`
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       You mention how ST brought people into the SF fold who nominally hadn't
been there before...I've been noticing much the same phenomenon at the
conventions I've been attending.  Even at the most recent Necronomicon, the
number of people over what the convention normally gets (there were about 700
over their normal attendence) was almost exactly equal to the number of people
who came there strictly for the B5 stuff...and the majority of them, from what
we could determine, had never been to a convention before, and for the most
part weren't into other SF shows...many didn't watch much TV at ALL except for
B5 and a couple others.

       You can see the new group sort of sliding itself into the larger
"melting pot" of fandom.

       Interesting to see the pattern repeating.

                                                                       jms

   speed on what's been happening in the story. ]

 #: 593617 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Oct-96  12:27:01
Sb: #593382-Summary Episode?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Can't be done.  It's been discussed, turned down.  Fox as a network can
program whatever it wants, and the stations air it; PTEN is syndicated, and
each item has to be sold separately, and they won't sell that.

                                                                       jms

   Hiding Place," but points out that he has it in one scene and then, in
   another, it's mysteriously vanished. "Call me nitpicky...." ]

 #: 593619 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    16-Oct-96  12:27:05
Sb: #593581-Glitch in "The Rock"?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI