ATTN JMS: Your health

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Oct 27 06:22:51 EST 1996

Subject: ATTN JMS: Your health
s  1: Oct 27, 1996: neutrino at annex.com (Daniel Prince)
*  2: Oct 27, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: neutrino at annex.com (Daniel Prince)

While reading the summaries of your messages on Compu$erve I noticed
that you seem to be having some health problems lately.  Please!
Please! Please! take care of yourself.  I don't want to miss the end
of the best novel ever made for TV (and the best TV program) because
you got too sick to finish it!  (Even if you weren't doing B5 I
wouldn't want you to become ill.)

I have chronic fatigue syndrome and I read several CFS newsgroups.
Most of the people with CFS were very active over achievers before
they became ill.  Your schedule sounds like it is even more stressful
than most CFS patients were before they succumbed.  I hope you do
whatever you have to preserve your health even if it means less online
presence and delegating more responsibility on the show.

>From some of your messages I get the impression that you often don't
have the time to eat correctly.  I think you should consult a good
nutritionist.  If you don't have time for a nutritionist, please take
a good multivitamin without iron, a gram of vitamin C, 400 units of E,
and 25,000 units of Beta Carotene.  I want you to continue writing for
the next 50 years (or more).
---

The only way to be sure you are not eating anything
you are allergic to is to not eat anything at all.

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

I eat fine, and in general am fine.  It's always a risk, though, going to
conventions, because the odds of catching something from 2000 people in
close quarters, with considerable contact is fairly high.  And the flu's
running around this season.  So I got hammered just at the end of the last
con I did in Tampa.  Probably caught it the first day of the con, 'cause
it hit by Sunday.  But them's the breaks.