JMS on CompuServe (Oct 31, 1996) *HAPPY HALLOWEEN*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Oct 31 16:29:15 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #601696-#<Shadow Dance - Nits>
    Sb: #601840-Deeper meanings in work?
    Sb: #601919-<Shadow Dance - Nits>
    Sb: #602060-B5 Hamilton Plate Series
    Sb: #602285-<Shadow Dance - Nits>
    Sb: #602312-<Shadow Dance - Nits>
    Sb: #602347-Marcon in Columbus, Ohio

 #: 601696 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Oct-96  09:42:25
Sb: #600646-#<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: SCOTT BAKER

>> ...ducks in a shooting gallery. <<

The strategy the Shadows used was absolutly terrifying.  Pure fear to totally
destroy as many people as possible.  I have to ask, what nigtmare did these
things come from?

Also, where did you come up with the strategy, was that your own, or did you
get some suggestions or did you look into history?

--Scott

 #: 601869 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Oct-96  13:34:00
Sb: #601696-#<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I dunno...I just thunk it up as efficient and ruthless.  I guess it
comes naturally when you're a producer.

                                                                       jms

   "Othersyde." The voice/intentional mode is when some of the writing is
   well thought-out, and some of it comes from a little voice in your head
   and you don't even realize it.  (This is my term, BTW -- BB) ]

 #: 601870 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Oct-96  13:34:01
Sb: #601840-Deeper meanings in work?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I can't answer that, because the two elements are always the same to me.
It's like asking a centipede which leg goes first.  I don't know how I do what
I do, I just kinda do it.

    30-Oct-96  15:17:37
Sb: #601869-#<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: SCOTT BAKER

>> I dunno...I just thunk it up as efficient and ruthless.  I guess it comes
naturally when you're a producer. <<

But you thought up B5 before you were a producer, so what deep dark part of
your soul is bleeding out to make these Shadows?

--Scott

 #: 602010 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Oct-96  17:38:00
Sb: #601919-<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I don't know, but I suspect it's best left unidentified...and
undisturbed.

                                                                       jms

   many plates will be in the series. ]

 #: 602477 S5/Babylon 5: General
    31-Oct-96  12:21:11
Sb: #602060-B5 Hamilton Plate Series
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Can't remember the artists offhand, but the plates will feature each of
our major characters in turn; Sheridan is first, then Delenn, then I think
we've got Ivanova, Londo, G'Kar, others.

    31-Oct-96  06:26:50
Sb: #599640-#<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: DAVID KUHN

Message text written by J. Michael Straczynski
>     No, no Lumati.

                                                                    jms<

Who are running around in the flying sausers (which by the way seemd awfull
potent)?

Dave

 #: 602479 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    31-Oct-96  12:21:13
Sb: #602285-<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Them's is Vree.

    31-Oct-96  07:50:19
Sb: #602010-#<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: SCOTT BAKER

I imagine that in order to explore all aspects of humanity, as you have done so
well in this TV Novel, that it is helpful to be in communication with that part
of you.  And, based on your writings, it appears that you keep it in balance
with everything else. I truly enjoy the show, and I enjoy the themes and
underlying currents you have laid out, I can not wait to see where they end.
It is all a part of what makes this show, above all others on TV, seam *real*.
It has the feel of reality to it.  For that, and all you have done with the
wonderful creation, thank you.

--Scott

 #: 602480 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    31-Oct-96  12:21:14
Sb: #602312-<Shadow Dance - Nits>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks.  A writer's job is to stay vulnerable, and explore everything in
the writing...the drama, the tragedy, the comedy, the weirdness...it's all part
of the package.  I just sometimes put a little too much out there, I think.

                                                                       jms

 #: 602481 S5/Babylon 5: General
    31-Oct-96  12:21:15
Sb: #602347-Marcon in Columbus, Ohio
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No one's yet extended a formal invitation, so we'll have to see.