JMS on CompuServe (Sep 11, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Sep 11 17:07:22 EDT 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #575347-Universe Today.
    Sb: #575369-Storytelling Question
    Sb: #575351-<VOA>
    Sb: #575466-General Hague
    Sb: #575470-I Found Demon Knight!
    Sb: #575518-#Season 3 Title Sequence
    Sb: #575535-B5 FAN CLUB INFO!

 #: 575347 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Sep-96  18:19:30
Sb: #Universe Today.
Fm: HART TREVOR

JMS,
        Sorry to bother you but I read (in the email from the official site I
think) a post saying a new batch of  the "Universe Today" issues were being
sent out with a poster. I have been waiting for any of my stuff for what must
be past two months now ( I joined through the UK fan club) and have yet to
recieve anything. I was just wondering if this is the second issue of the
"Universe Today" and as I have not recieved anything yet have I missed the
first issue. Please can you tell me if this is case?

My name is Trevor Hart and I live in East Sussex, England, in case the
gentleman running the club needs to look anything up.

Many thanks.

Trevor.

 #: 575427 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Sep-96  21:29:11
Sb: #575347-Universe Today.
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, this is still the first issue.  (Jim and his aide took a polaroid of
the big pallet of boxes going out the other day.)  Basically, everyone's
membership date is moved to when we got around to it, so nobody loses anything.

    10-Sep-96  19:07:43
Sb: #Storytelling Question
Fm: REBECCA ESCHLIMAN

Do you ever deliberately set out to commemorate people you've known when you
write a story?

or

Do you find that, once you've written the story, you have inadvertently
commemorated people you've known?

or

None of the above.

-rje-

 #: 575428 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Sep-96  21:29:14
Sb: #575369-Storytelling Question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I don't know if commemorate is the right word for what you're asking...
you wanna take another stab at that and clarify?  This can cover everything
from Tuckerizing to homage to using friends or whatever.

                                                                    jms

   Star could be flown by a single person "if it came to that." Asks the
   obvious question, "It's not going to come to that, is it?" ]

 #: 575429 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    10-Sep-96  21:29:16
Sb: #575351-<VOA>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, it's conceivable....we'll have to see.

                                                                    jms

   because of the U.S. General Alexander Haig.  If not, he asks why the
   name was chosen. ]

 #: 575479 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  01:11:53
Sb: #575466-General Hague
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I liked the sound of the name...and I was thinking more of the Hague as a
place, not Haig the military guy.

    10-Sep-96  23:56:24
Sb: #575246-#I Found Demon Knight!
Fm: DAVID BELT

Joe,

Thanks for the quick response!  Of course I will enclose a self-addressed and
stamped mailer.  I also found Othersyde!  It will be a couple of weeks before
the books get to me, but as soon as I get them I will send them off to you.
Thank you so much for helping me out with this!  Are there other novels
(besides Demon Night and Othersyde) that I should know about?

Dave

 #: 575480 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  01:11:55
Sb: #575470-I Found Demon Knight!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Those are my only two novels (at present); there's a TWILIGHT ZONE
anthology I wrote, but that's damned near impossible to find.

    11-Sep-96  06:05:37
Sb: #Season 3 Title Sequence
Fm: STEVEN K. ANDEWEG

Before Season 3 comes to an end, I just wanted you to know that even after
viewing the opening title sequence a couple hundred times now, the CGI
end-over-end view of B5 accompanied by Chris Franke's eerie score still gives
me the chills. I never fast-forward past it. That's the best opener I've seen
on any show.

Can't wait to see and hear the Season 4 version.

Steve A.

 #: 575624 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  11:51:17
Sb: #575518-#Season 3 Title Sequence
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       What remarkable timing...John Copeland and I just got finished with the
main title for year 4, which is, again, different from last year's. This time I
wanted a whole new approach, on just about every level, and designed the thing
myself, working with John and the editors to get the best shots and pull it all
together.  It's *majorly* cool.  We showed it to some members of the crew, and
they're all jazzed by it, they think it's our best main title ever.

    11-Sep-96  07:30:06
Sb: #573161-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: TOM GENERAL

    Drop a line to Jim Lockett at jplb5 at aol.com and let him know.  Again, there
were some initial problems with the post office, and we have no way of knowing
who didn't receive one of the mailed items until we hear from them.

                                                                       jms
<<<

Joe,

This is completely ineffective.  He doesn't respond to email.  Can you come up
with a way of getting to him in person?  Are the major mailings over now?  What
about the rest of us?  I'm really getting pissed about this.

Tom General

 #: 575625 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  11:51:18
Sb: #575535-B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, the major mailings aren't over, they're still going out. Everyone
who signed on will get/is getting their stuff.  He's had a lot of email to
contend with, but I do know that a lot of folks are a) getting their stuff, and
b) getting email replies.  He's getting to it.