JMS on CompuServe (Sep 12, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Sep 12 14:59:14 EDT 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #575615-Season 3 Opening Titles
    Sb: #575679-#Season 3 Title Sequence
    Sb: #575697-Season 3 Title Sequence
    Sb: #575733-B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
    Sb: #575678-<Title-ATRCONHP>         [ Not a spoiler. -- BB ]
    Sb: #575870-I Found Demon Knight!
    Sb: #575822-#"Bablyon 5 Stamper Set"
    Sb: #575921-Storytelling Question
    Sb: #575961-I Found Demon Knight!

 #: 575615 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  11:46:19
Sb: #Season 3 Opening Titles
Fm: DARRAN WILLIAMS

Joe,

A little while ago on a conference on CI$ you were asked by someone when the
sequence from the opening titles featuring a Starfury blowing away another
Starfury would be shown. I think your reply was along the lines of *soon*.

I presumed that this had been taken from Severed Dreams but that particular
scene never appears. Is it a case that this scene was created long before the
effects for Severed Dreams and subsequently not included or is it still to come
?

Darran..

 #: 575737 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  15:18:46
Sb: #575615-Season 3 Opening Titles
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, I think the intent of my message was that it was a foreshadowing of
the big fight around B5 in "Severed," not that that particular shot was going
to be used.

    11-Sep-96  12:58:35
Sb: #575624-#Season 3 Title Sequence
Fm: SUSAN PEAK

PMFJI - will there be more CDs of B5 music? I've got the 'symphonic' one & it's
really good (has similarities to Vangelis).

Are there going to be other writers in next season's eps? I can't imagine you
lasting long if you write another whole season! Just curious - having one
writer - and the creator - in charge produces one sort of series; having others
produces another sort.

susan.

 #: 575738 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  15:18:47
Sb: #575679-#Season 3 Title Sequence
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Chris is looking to have the new 2nd volume of B5 music out in time to
coincide with the November sweeps; I've heard the first 15 minutes, and it's
great.

    11-Sep-96  13:37:43
Sb: #575624-#Season 3 Title Sequence
Fm: DARRAN WILLIAMS

>>PMFJI - will there be more CDs of B5 music? I've got the 'symphonic' one &
it's really good (has similarities to Vangelis).<<

Joe,

PMFJI too - the last time I looked at Sonic Images web site they were still
requesting suggestions for music on the second CD. Is the October release date
still on schedule as I expect Chris must also be busy preparing to score season
4?

Darran..

 #: 575739 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  15:18:48
Sb: #575697-Season 3 Title Sequence
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I think they're going to go closer to November, to capitalize on the PR
for the sweeps.

    11-Sep-96  14:51:39
Sb: #575625-#B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: TOM GENERAL

       No, the major mailings aren't over, they're still going out. Everyone
who signed on will get/is getting their stuff.  He's had a lot of email to
contend with, but I do know that a lot of folks are a) getting their stuff, and
b) getting email replies.  He's getting to it.

                                                                       jms
<<<

Could you let us know when the major mailings are over, or when to contact him?
I've attempted to e-mail him on 5 separate occasions and gotten only one
response (canned).  I contacted Elisabeth (at the same e-mail response), copied
you in, and received a response but she replied,  "I need to know your full
name" which was plainly printed in the email as; Tom_M_General.  I responded
with the same information, knowing there was a pretty good chance I'd never
hear from her again.  I haven't heard from her.

So, what do I do?  How long should I wait?  When will the mailings be completed
(mostly completed).  But Joe, you are wrong, they AREN'T answering all the
e-mail.  They certainly aren't answering mine.  I don't *want* to be a pest.  I
just *want* to know:

A: When should I expect the stuff.
B: What should I do when it doesn't show up.

I've followed up with people who you have told to contact via the AOL account
and some of them have NOT received their stuff or replies from the AOL account.
I understand your folks are swamped, but dog-gone-it Joe, this just goes on and
on (how many months now?)... Come on, how much longer?

Jeeesh!

Tom

 #: 575831 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  17:49:49
Sb: #575733-B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I walked down the hall to Jim's office, and asked.  Your stuff went out
this morning, several hours ago.

    11-Sep-96  12:54:00
Sb: #575635-#<Title-ATRCONHP>
Fm: SUSAN PEAK

Is there anything jms *can't* do?? susan (overawed)

 #: 575832 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Sep-96  17:49:50
Sb: #575678-<Title-ATRCONHP>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       "Is there anything jms can't do?"

       Divide or multiply fractions.

    11-Sep-96  19:37:49
Sb: #575480-#I Found Demon Knight!
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T PARROT

>> there's a TWILIGHT ZONE anthology I wrote, but that's damned near impossible
to find. <<

Would that be "Tales From The New Twilight Zone"?

I got MY copy <g>.

 -Dupa T. Parrot, Team SF/F [Tech. Supp. SysOp]
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.10 (g5) O-

 #: 575901 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Sep-96  20:28:57
Sb: #575870-I Found Demon Knight!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yup, that's the one.

                                                                    jms

 #: 575974 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Sep-96  00:58:58
Sb: #575822-#"Bablyon 5 Stamper Set"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, it's legit.  Thanks for asking.

    11-Sep-96  21:54:37
Sb: #575428-#Storytelling Question
Fm: REBECCA ESCHLIMAN

<<       I don't know if commemorate is the right word for what you're
asking... you wanna take another stab at that and clarify?  This can cover
everything from Tuckerizing to homage to using friends or whatever. >>

Sorry.  The antecedent thought processes were a bit baroque.  This question was
prompted by the fact that a good friend was facing the 1-year anniversary of
her husband's death.  So, I suppose I meant "commemorate" in the way the post
office does -- recognizing those who have died.

    - rje -     There are times you remember and times you forget, but your
life is made up of the times you remember.

 #: 575975 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Sep-96  01:05:08
Sb: #575921-Storytelling Question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"So, I suppose I meant "commemorate" in the way the post office does --
recognizing those who have died."

      Specific persons, no.  I don't do that.  Never have.  I think, in the
case of someone I know who's passed away, it would be rude.  I don't think I
could handle it.  Over the years I've lost way too many friends, and some
wounds never entirely heal.  Best to leave them alone, and remember those
friends as they were, not as they were bent into fictionalizations.

    12-Sep-96  00:05:06
Sb: #575480-#I Found Demon Knight!
Fm: DAVID BELT

Joe,

What is the title of the TZ anthology?  I would be interested in trying to find
it at least.

Dave

 #: 575976 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Sep-96  01:05:10
Sb: #575961-I Found Demon Knight!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

   "Tales from the New Twilight Zone," from Bantam.