JMS on CompuServe (Sep 21, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sun Sep 22 00:22:14 EDT 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #580383-JMS's AOL Homepage.
    Sb: #580493-Season 4
    Sb: #580646-The Petition Worked!
    Sb: #580488-B5 visibility/popularity

 #: 580383 S5/Babylon 5: General
    20-Sep-96  18:54:40
Sb: #JMS's AOL Homepage.
Fm: HART TREVOR

JMS,
        Sorry to bother you but I just heard about your AOL homepage. I went
straight to it but cannot get in. Did you delete it or not. I must have only
missed it by a few days. Even if you thought it did not work PLEASE PLEASE with
cherries on, put it back up and let us have a look at the trilluminary and your
pics.

Many thanks, Trevor.

 #: 580699 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Sep-96  15:33:24
Sb: #580383-JMS's AOL Homepage.
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I deleted it; it really wasn't worth looking at, honest, I wouldn't lie
to you about this, I was just diddling about....

                                                                       jms

 #: 580701 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    21-Sep-96  15:33:26
Sb: #580493-Season 4
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Certainly, LoTR is one of the best examples of modern heroic fantasy
ever written.  It's just brilliant; I reread it every 3-4 years just to walk
around in that world for a while.

    21-Sep-96  13:25:43
Sb: #The Petition Worked!
Fm: BERNARD F. DOWDY, J

Well, it took awhile to have an effect but that little petition effort I
started this past spring finally paid off.  Our local Fox affiliate in the
Roanoke Valley, WJPR 21/WFXR 27, moved B5 back into prime time!

Instead of airing in it's usual slot every Saturday at midnight, it's now shown
two hours earlier at 10pm.  And wonder of all wonders. . .in the local
newspaper's television guide, The Spectator, they even had an episode summary;
I believe this is a first.

I'm glad to see them taking B5 more seriously.  All I can say is, it's about
time!

Bernie

 #: 580702 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Sep-96  15:33:27
Sb: #580646-The Petition Worked!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's terrific, congratulations, and thanks for staying with the
effort.  They do pay off.

       What's been interesting is that lately, the reruns of B5 are pulling in
numbers very close to the *original broadcast*.  Everyone at WB has noticed
this, and given the number of stations that have recently moved B5 back into
prime time, or given us back a second run, I think they're noticing as well.

    21-Sep-96  03:07:41
Sb: #578737-#B5 visibility/popularity
Fm: BRUCE PROBST

>> Apart from Star Trek spinoffs (that seem to automatically get recognition by
virtue of the brand name) - your show is the ONLY Science Fiction show that has
lasted - and gained widespread recognition. <<

Um - that's simply not true.  Doctor Who, Blakes' 7, and X-Files spring to mind
immediately as exceptions.  There may be others.

Bruce at 14:43 on 21-Sep-96 ... using OzWinII v2.01 under OS/2 Warp

 #: 580708 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Sep-96  15:38:57
Sb: #580488-B5 visibility/popularity
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yes and no.  The British SF shows are a different issue.  As for
American TV, no space-based series beyond the ST shows have gone on for more
than 3 years since Lost in Space.  Thirty years.