JMS on CompuServe (Sep 27, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Sep 27 16:30:27 EDT 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #583210-B5 Tapes
    Sb: #583241-Perks of the FanClub
    Sb: #583325-#ATTN JMS: A B5 Novel???
    Sb: #583413-Slight Fan Club panic
    Sb: #583345-#ATTN JMS: A B5 Novel???
    Sb: #B5ers on SF Vortex
    Sb: #583492-Season 3 Title Sequence

   video tapes in the U.S. ]

 #: 583328 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Sep-96  16:51:47
Sb: #583210-B5 Tapes
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It just ain't gonna move WB to release the tapes; we're negotiating to
do them ourselves.  WB Home Video almost never releases TV series, mainly
movies.

                                                                       jms

   fan club web site. ]

 #: 583330 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Sep-96  16:51:49
Sb: #583241-Perks of the FanClub
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Well, you can email John Copeland about it at pigdog13 at aol.com, but
basically, we're still waiting on approval from WB before putting the new areas
on-line, including a dedicated chat server and the Gold Channel area, which
will be for FC members *only*, whether they choose to take up residence on the
station or not, which has behind the scenes photos I've taken, and my personal
journal from the filming of most of a season.

                                                                       jms

   printed form.  Also, asks for advice to a would-be writer. ]

 #: 583332 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Sep-96  16:54:47
Sb: #583325-#ATTN JMS: A B5 Novel???
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Publishing the scripts in book form is something that I'll have to
consider later, there will probably have to be negotiations with WB over it.

       There's no real advice I can give to an aspiring writer that would mean
a damn except to write, keep writing, keep sending it out, and don't stop.

    26-Sep-96  19:06:52
Sb: #582716-#Slight Fan Club panic
Fm: HART TREVOR

Dear JMS,
        I am VERY sorry to bother you when you are so invlolved in the new
season but could I possibly trouble you, whenever possible to check on my club
stuff. I have recieved nothing and joined through the UK B5 fan club some
months ago. I really do feel very rude asking your good self to do this for me
(grovel, lick, faun) and please do say you would rather not do this if you feel
it would cause yourself to recieve a flood of this type of message. I live in
East Sussex, UK. Thanks for such a startling show and for any help.

Trevor Hart.

 #: 583455 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Sep-96  20:34:39
Sb: #583413-Slight Fan Club panic
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Try a direct line to jplb5 at aol.com, and if that doesn't work, lemme know.

                                                                    jms

   writing. ]

 #: 583456 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Sep-96  20:34:41
Sb: #583345-#ATTN JMS: A B5 Novel???
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Tools are tools...learning how to use narrative in a scene, and narration
over a scene, as different things...using visual counterpoint to a
scene...different kinds of exposition, and ways to present exposition so that
it doesn't *feel* like exposition...it's all intuitive.

    26-Sep-96  20:53:29
Sb: #B5ers on SF Vortex
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      As a general advisory: tomorrow on the Sci Fi Channel's new show, SF
Vortex, you will find Jerry Doyle, Bruce Boxleitner and B5 producer John
Copeland (on his return visit, the second of three, he's becoming so popular
there that we're now nominating him for resident Media Sex God).  Look for them
toward the latter half of the program.

                                                                    jms

 #: 583509 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Sep-96  01:40:53
Sb: #583492-Season 3 Title Sequence
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The new soundtrack should be out in November sometime.