JMS on CompuServe (Dec 04, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Dec 5 02:44:21 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #8736-Claudia
    Sb: #8729-#JMS new Series?
    Sb: #8702-#CD-ROM
    Sb: #8708-Airship Photos
    Sb: #8823-New Logo?
    Sb: #8634-Between

 #: 8758 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  01:12:01
Sb: #8736-Claudia
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...the spinoff is still in negotiations, but going well there.

      And I can't wait for January either.

                                                                    jms

 #: 8729 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Dec-97  18:58:13
Sb: #8627-#JMS new Series?
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Craig,

	<I found this on the Ain't it Cool web page
(http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/coaxial/index.html) thought y'all might find
it interesting.>

	There's also a story there about the sequel series, Babylon 5:
Crusade.  It says that TNT has agreed to produce the series and that it has
"commmitted for 5 years, whatever committed means."  I hope this story is
accurate.

						Tom^^^^

 #: 8761 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  01:14:02
Sb: #8729-#JMS new Series?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      A first season hasn't been committed to, at least in contractual terms
to me, and I can assure you that the series would be season-by-season, like
any other show.  It's never been broached to us as a five-year deal.

                                                                    jms

 #: 8702 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Dec-97  15:54:08
Sb: CD-ROM
Fm: SCOTT J. EPSTEIN

Joe,

I picked up the CD this weekend. Just wanted to congratulate you and the
Sierra people on a great product.

SJE

 #: 8759 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  01:12:01
Sb: #8702-#CD-ROM
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, it came out well, I think.

                                                                    jms

 #: 8708 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Dec-97  17:14:01
Sb: Airship Photos
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

Hi,

I know you and Bruce B are avid history buffs.  I work at the Lakehurst NAval
Station ( where the Hindenburg crashed ).  I would like to send the two of you
a set of historical airship photos from that era. They are pretty interesting
photographs that I know you two would enjoy.  What would the best way be to do
that?  Dont know if its propoer etiquette to ask you to pass them Bruce?

Thanks

Mike

 #: 8760 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  01:12:02
Sb: #8708-Airship Photos
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      You can send them on to me via the B5 mail drop, 14431 Ventura
Boulevard, Suite 260, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423.  I'll see they get to Bruce and
John.  (Or you can send them directly to John and Bruce via that address.)

                                                                    jms

 #: 8823 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  08:15:05
Sb: #New Logo?
Fm: JEFF FRANK

Hi Joe:

Diamond's December catalog has a modified B5 logo (standard Babylon 5 logo
with the words "Earth Alliance Space Station") on the page with the new 6 inch
action figures (yay!) -- is this the new logo you mentioned or is it one I've
just never seen?

 Jeff
 Sigh Corps - Pat Tallman Division
 Great Maker huh?

 #: 8833 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  12:47:14
Sb: #8823-New Logo?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, that ain't it.

                                                                    jms

 #: 8634 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Dec-97  19:26:14
Sb: #8415-#Between
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

      "Torturers rarely videotape their work, thus assuring that it can never
be used against them should things not go their way all the time.  This is
kinda pro forma in South America, for instance."

    Understood, but why were there no surveillance cameras watching (not
taping) such an important prisoner, especially when he wasn't being
"interrogated"?  I would imagine that such observation could not only be
useful to the interrogators, but it could also prevent the sort of rescue that
happened.  I'm not saying this was a flaw in your story, but I'm curious about
why they didn't think it necessary to keep an eye on him.  Did they just not
think of it?

    Obviously this isn't a big deal, but I was just curious.  :-)

Thanks,

  -- Brent

 #: 8756 S3/Bab 5:International
    04-Dec-97  00:55:13
Sb: #8634-Between
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Mainly because, in the research I'd done, it's just rarely if ever done
in real life, and real life was my template here.  There's TV logic, and
there's what tends to happen in the real world, and I tend to err in the
direction of the latter.