jms graphics note (cgal repost)

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Feb 2 06:06:05 EST 1997

Subject: jms graphics note (cgal repost)
s  1: Jan 29, 1997: mmontalvo at lucent.com (Maria Ana Montalvo)
-  4: Jan 31, 1997: Mojo at foundation-i.com (Mojo)
-  5: Jan 31, 1997: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
+ 11: Feb  1, 1997: billones at primenet.com (Jeremy Billones)
* 12: Feb  2, 1997: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: mmontalvo at lucent.com (Maria Ana Montalvo)

Joe posted this over at comp.graphics.apps.lightwave (I got his permission
to repost):

>Just a quick note with two purposes:
>
>1) to alert folks interested in Lightwave to check out the B5 episode
>airing in about 2 weeks, "Into the Fire," the second new episode back, to
>see some nifty stuff one can do when one applies oneself.  That episode
>has roughly 114 CGI shots in 43 minutes, and are easily some of the most
>elaborate ever done for TV.  (There's some nice stuff toward the latter
>half of this coming week's episode, but the following one is the big
>blow-out.)
>
>and
>
>2) to plink the noses of those on here who came on proclaiming that "good
>sources" told them that the CGI EFX on B5 would either go to hell, or look
>crappy, or be less than before.  We're now doing far more EFX than in any
>previous season, and more elaborate shots.  I said these individuals were
>full of it then, and the facts have spoken for themselves in the time
>since.  These individuals have since dropped away and gotten real silent.
>I hope they'll be as forthright now that they've been shown to be wrong as
>they were in their original proclamations.
>
>Otherwise we'd have to assume that these individuals were spewing out
>things they knew weren't true, just to poison the well and cause us grief,
>and I just can't *imagine* that *anyone* would do something like that....
>

> jms

I've been using Lightwave for about a month now, and have new-found respect
for the CGI....

Maria

From: billones at primenet.com (Jeremy Billones)

Silly question:

In article <5ctgvc$e3j at usenet79.supernews.com>,
Mojo <Mojo at foundation-i.com> wrote:
>- Netter Digital did not negotiate with us - after we delievered our
>final offer (which did not ask for a bigger budget) there was silence.

Uhh... if it was your final offer, what's to negotiate?

Jeremy Billones                          http://www.primenet.com/~billones/
Objective Reality Isn't   *   ISTJ    *    Go Caps!   *    USSF Certifiable
"Promised net facilities were made unavailable to us at the last moment, pitches
were prepared like national roads, top players were omitted by county sides,
targets we set were not chased and hosts did not show up at cocktail parties."