JMS on CompuServe (Feb 09, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sun Feb 9 17:48:23 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #646436-Babylon 5
    Sb: #646615-#Babylon 5
    Sb: #646493-B5 Video & LDs in the US
    Sb: #646526-#<Into the Fire>
    Sb: #646591->>Into the Fire<<
    Sb: #646620-Space Imagery
    Sb: #646624-Into The Fire- Draal
    Sb: #646686-#Scotty Fired
    Sb: #646663-Into the Fire
    Sb: #646681-Into the Fire

   for purchase.  Also comments that the second soundtrack CD is great. ]

 #: 646656 S5/Babylon 5: General
    08-Feb-97  21:16:06
Sb: #646436-Babylon 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There are bloopers, but we save those to show at conventions.  There are
some illegal copies floating around, but they're always poor quality and we
discourage people from buying them.

      The 2nd CD is great, I agree.  I think the first couple of tracks are my
favorite, particularly the extended season 1 theme at the top.  I'll sometimes
just let that one replay several times on its own....

                                                                    jms

   published.  Also, asks if any of the songs we've heard in Babylon 5 will
   every be published on CD. ]

 #: 646657 S5/Babylon 5: General
    08-Feb-97  21:28:58
Sb: #646615-#Babylon 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There was never any alternate version of "War," only my notes.

      The songs will surface somewhere, eventually, I'm sure.

                                                                    jms

   released in the U.S. ]

 #: 646658 S5/Babylon 5: General
    08-Feb-97  21:29:00
Sb: #646493-B5 Video & LDs in the US
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Won't make any difference.  WB Video doesn't release *any* TV series on
tape or disk; that it would make money, it seems, doesn't matter...they only
want to be involved with the high-visiblity big-budget sure-hit movies, not
piddly TV shows.  So all the letters in the world -- and they've received a lot
of them -- apparently won't make any difference to these people.

    08-Feb-97  12:59:17
Sb: #<Into the Fire>
Fm: ELYSE M. GRASSO

"... For Drake is no longer in his hammock, children, nor is Arthur somewhere
sleeping, and you may not lie idly expecting the second coming of anybody now,
because the world is yours and it is up to you. ..." Susan Cooper, 'Silver on
the Tree'

It's been twenty years since I read "Silver on the Tree", but I found that
quote easily when I went looking for it just now. I am sure this episode will
stay with me just as long.

And there are still at least 16 more episodes...

I'm still a bit stunned -- as I write this, the episode has been over for less
than 20 minutes. I'll write more when my brain starts working again.

With respect --

Elyse M. Grasso

 #: 646659 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Feb-97  21:29:03
Sb: #646526-#<Into the Fire>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  So far the general reaction has been, "But...but...what NOW?"
which is *exactly* the reaction I was hoping for.

      Everybody keeps commenting, "This is the sort of episode you have at the
end, not 6 eps into your season."  Yep.

      We're funny that way....

    08-Feb-97  17:24:50
Sb: #646433-#>>Into the Fire<<
Fm: ASHA DEVELDER

Joe,

   I think Dupa was asking about the Shadow "EYE" that came after Lyta, Susan
and Delenn when they were trying to contact Sheridan (sorry if I'm wrong
Dupa)... Is THAT a Sigma 957 ship???

                  asha at mindless.com
                     @}-`---,---

 #: 646660 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Feb-97  21:29:05
Sb: #646591->>Into the Fire<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, that's not a ship.

    08-Feb-97  19:10:42
Sb: #Space Imagery
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

Whew!

Just watched ITF.  I have two comments.  I think its a wonderful thing that the
show is using Hubble Space Telescope images for the space scenes.  For the
first time we are seeing images in Sci Fi which ARENT sci fi!!  Those images
were real!  Thats what space and nebulas look like!  Good on all of you!

Second.   I was a little confused with the scene where Sheridan was talking to
the Vorlon representation.  Why was the being  enclosed in a transparency?  I
guess I just didnt get the imagery or representation or whatever the hell you
writers call it. :-)   Could you please clarify if possible.

Thanks.  B5 finished up here at 10 pm but im too wound up to sleep. Maybe ill
play X-wing for a while.

G-nite.

mike

 #: 646661 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Feb-97  21:29:07
Sb: #646620-Space Imagery
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The woman was in ice as a symbol of their ridigity, their inflexibility,
"frozen in time," as the shadows say.

    08-Feb-97  19:17:48
Sb: #Into The Fire- Draal
Fm: CATHERINE BECIC

Great episode. Lots of things came to an end, but a lot questions still
unanswered.  Ours.....Draal and the planet have not been used so far.  Are they
yet to come?  I guess that would be yes.  You wouldn't leave a thread hanging.
But we had to ask.

FYI to another message seen earlier, our station does post a TVPG for B5 right
before the PTEN logo.

 #: 646662 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Feb-97  21:29:09
Sb: #646624-Into The Fire- Draal
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Epsilon 3 will come up in various ways and places, and Draal...but in
places where you won't expect.

                                                                    jms

 #: 646697 S2/Star Trek: General
    09-Feb-97  01:37:45
Sb: #646686-#Scotty Fired
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"BTW, it is VERY enheartening that you speak out for the actors--good show!"

      I think you *have* to.  The reality is that these individuals were the
core of the ST phenomenon.  It wasn't the EFX, good as they were...it was the
characters, and the capacity of viewers to care about those characters, as
portrayed and given life by these actors.  They deserve recognition for
creating something that has endured for 25 years, and to be rudely treated by
the studio seems to me vastly inappropriate.  (Did you know that until just
recently, when the bulk of the original ST actors took action against the
studio, they had individually received as little as $16,000 total as their
share of the 25 year multi-billion dollar ST franchise?)

                                                                    jms

   Machine. ]

 #: 646698 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    09-Feb-97  01:37:48
Sb: #646663-Into the Fire
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      You may not find out who built the Great Machine in the series, but that
will be one of the features of one of the planned TNT movies.  And there will
be more on the Valen/Sinclair transformation as well.

                                                                    jms

   of the shower?" ]

 #: 646699 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    09-Feb-97  01:37:50
Sb: #646681-Into the Fire
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Didn't require leading out of the shower, but I didn't much come out of
my office for a very long time thereafter....