JMS on CompuServe (Feb 12, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Feb 12 17:08:13 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #647709-#ITF: Questions...
    Sb: #647748-<<ITF>>  Frying Pan...
    Sb: #647779-<The Wrath of Nuts>
    Sb: #647845-B5 videos in the USA

 #: 647709 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Feb-97  17:06:32
Sb: #647513-#ITF: Questions...
Fm: SCOTT BAKER

>>       Oddly enough, every one of those questions is addressed in upcoming
episodes, some as early as next week...so I'll let the show speak for itself.
<<

Somehow, I knew that'd be the answer.

Ok, so how about this one...

After watching season 3 and all of season 4 up to and including ITF, and doing
an extensive read of your posts from the Lurkers Guide, I've noticed something.

The Shadow/Vorlon War thing sortof looks like this:

Lorien is the kind Grandfather.
The Shadows and the Vorlons are the Parents.
The other First Ones are Aunt's and Uncles.
The Humans and Minbari are the Newlyweds with newborn children.
The younger races are the newborn children.
The Centari and Narn are the crazy brothers who keep fighting.
So...

The Newlyweds tell their parents to butt out of their lives while they raise
their kids and Grandad and the Aunts and Uncles come over to support them and
help the Parents butt out.  Meanwhile the crazy brothers have just finished a
little tussle in the back yard.

So...

The other siblings of the newlyweds (Psi Corp, IPX, etc) do, what???

Have I got this dynamic straight?  And if so, does this have any resemblance to
your family?

And finally, is the rest of the series about the Newlyweds starting off, or are
their some other of the underlying themes you've hit on that are going to be
explored?

--Scott

 #: 647739 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Feb-97  18:42:44
Sb: #647709-#ITF: Questions...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There is such a thing as too much analysis....

    11-Feb-97  19:42:39
Sb: #647509-#<<ITF>>  Frying Pan...
Fm: ELYSE M. GRASSO

 >  It creates an atmosphere where you want to reward them and show
 > what they can do.

Or not, as the case might be. <g>

Are you ever going to tell us how you got revenge for Andreas' practical joke?

-- Elyse M. Grasso

 #: 647868 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Feb-97  12:28:49
Sb: #647748-<<ITF>>  Frying Pan...
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I'm saving that story for the next big convention....

    11-Feb-97  22:53:28
Sb: #<The Wrath of Nuts>
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

 (Note: The following tirade has been rated H-14 for the humor
  deficient members of our audience.)

Joe,

    Okay, you've chosen to ignore our crazed request.  That's your choice.  But
I have to warn you, you've now incurred the wrath of the J&D nutcases (and we
don't call ourselves nutcases for nutin'). :-)

    If you hadn't performed an edit worthy of the Channel 4 butchers, we'd have
never noticed.  But we did.

    If you don't cough up the missing dialogue (hey, just that small section of
the script would be fine), we'll be takin' our message to the world.  Imagine
signs and posters at every con you attend:

    "Joe unfair to romantics!"

    "Down with Joe and his cold, hard heart!"

    "Hell no, we won't Joe!"

    No matter where you go, there we'll be.

    But you can still avoid your fate, Joe.  Tell us what we wanna know.  Come
on, all you need to do is get up off your butt and walk down the hall to the
script archive.  Heck, you might even still have that script in your computer!

    And don't you go making it up, either.  We can tell, mister.

    Remember, we still have that supply of sporting goods in storage from
before "Falling Toward Apotheosis."

    You have been warned.

Respectfully yours,

  -- Brent (Chief Nutcase)

 #: 647869 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Feb-97  12:28:50
Sb: #647779-<The Wrath of Nuts>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       You'll have to catch me first....

                                                               jms

   U.S. was told that JMS was partly responsible for the lack of them. ]

 #: 647870 S5/Babylon 5: General
    12-Feb-97  12:28:51
Sb: #647845-B5 videos in the USA
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I've dragged my feet on general merchandise, yeah, but never on tapes.
B5online is confusing the issues.