JMS on CompuServe (Jan 14, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Jan 15 02:11:11 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #637539-From jms re: yr 4/5
    Sb: #637720-From jms re: yr 4/5
    Sb: #637762-From jms re: yr 4/5
    Sb: #637809-#B5 TV ratings?

 #: 637539 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Jan-97  18:45:32
Sb: #637077-#From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: SYSOP LEE WHITESIDE

I saw in the latest broadcasting and cable taht b5 had an average 3.7 rating
during Sept-Dec 2nd, which I hope will be looked at very closely by the Warners
execs making the decisions.

 #: 637779 S5/Babylon 5: General
    14-Jan-97  12:45:12
Sb: #637539-From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, it did *really* well, and they're aware of that.

                                                                       jms

   profit" game when they are accused of stealing the work from someone
   else. ]

 #: 637780 S5/Babylon 5: General
    14-Jan-97  12:45:13
Sb: #637720-From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, that's the standard practice in town.  Actors have sued for their
net of shows that have been in syndication for 25-30 years, and been told that
it's "still in the red."

                                                                       jms

   four before the U.S. ]

 #: 637781 S5/Babylon 5: General
    14-Jan-97  12:45:15
Sb: #637762-From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No idea.

                                                                       jms

 #: 637879 S5/Babylon 5: General
    14-Jan-97  18:00:45
Sb: #637809-#B5 TV ratings?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Here's the insidious part of all this...they say they want a ratings
system, but of *course* it won't be used for censorship purposes, they just
want it for informational purposes...and the system wasn't even in place for a
week before pinheads like Rev. Wildmon were out there calling for a boycott of
EVERY show rated TV14, on the grounds that it shouldn't be on TV. (Leave out
the insanity that you only have to create a TV15 rating, make all the TV14's
another category, and suddenly *they're* okay, the same programs would be fine,
if there were another nastier category.)  It's the same thing that happened
with record ratings, which were instantly used to pressure some record stores
into not carrying more mature fare.

       It sucks.