JMS on CompuServe (Jan 19, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sun Jan 19 21:52:26 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #639145-From jms re: yr 4/5
    Sb: #639235-#From jms re: yr 4/5
    Sb: #639149-The Earth-Minbari War
    Sb: #639242-#B5 TV ratings?
    Sb: #639558-From jms re: yr 4/5

   project in much the same way as JMS attempted to fund Babylon 5.  He went
   from sponsor to sponsor, but all they wanted to do was change the intent
   of the project to suit them, which destroyed the project's scientific
   value.  He gave up, and, one day, he saw that another scientist planned
   to do the exact same project. ]

 #: 639327 S5/Babylon 5: General
    18-Jan-97  20:27:45
Sb: #639145-From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Typical...and saddst of all to know that your story is not at all
uncommon.

    18-Jan-97  15:01:25
Sb: #639091-#From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: THE JAWA / JAWA #2

        These three guys...were they wearing pink, blue, green, red, or white
<G>?
        Maybe the purpose of these groups is a little lost on me.
        Why did WB let that guy into the discussion, if he hates B5?
        He's certainly not the type who's going to *improve* it, and chances
are he won't be happy unless you dress everyone in head-to-toe footy pajamas.

                                        The Jawa/KP
                                        RMES Dominator
                                        Massive Technical Difficulties

 #: 639328 S5/Babylon 5: General
    18-Jan-97  20:27:47
Sb: #639235-#From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      You don't skew the group ahead of time; you get a random sample, some who
like it, are neutral, or don't like it.  That's the public opinion measurement
biz.

    18-Jan-97  09:06:33
Sb: #The Earth-Minbari War
Fm: RICHARD WAKEFIELD

Jms,

The E-M war lasted five years (2242-2247 I believe), if  the Minbari were so
superior technologically why did it take them years to beat us back to Earth ?

Will we ever see more info about the war ?

Richard

 #: 639329 S5/Babylon 5: General
    18-Jan-97  20:27:50
Sb: #639149-The Earth-Minbari War
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The 2-hour prequel will get into the question of the war in far more
detail.

    18-Jan-97  15:18:44
Sb: #639094-#B5 TV ratings?
Fm: THE JAWA / JAWA #2

        We'll see new episodes from January 27 till...when?

                                        The Jawa/KP
                                        RMES Dominator
                                        Massive Technical Difficulties

 #: 639330 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    18-Jan-97  20:27:52
Sb: #639242-#B5 TV ratings?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      For five weeks.

    19-Jan-97  13:48:38
Sb: #639328-#From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: THE JAWA / JAWA #2

        Next question:
        (Before I go on, away with your weapons, I mean no comparisons.)
        Often I'll read somewhere that DS9 is "more popular" than B5.
        Now, here's my question: I have never ever seen DS9's ratings, although
I know some about B5's.
        Is this an invention by the press, or is the public really that stu--
        I mean, or are people still watching more Trek?
        I've just never seen ANY facts to back that up.

                                        The Jawa/KP
                                        RMES Dominator
                                        Massive Technical Difficulties

 #: 639640 S5/Babylon 5: General
    19-Jan-97  16:05:57
Sb: #639558-From jms re: yr 4/5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, the figures are correct.  DS9 does rate higher than B5, though it's
lost about 18% of its ratings over the last year, according to the trades,
while B5 has been gaining over the same period of time.  Interestingly, on a
head-to-head basis with new episodes, we're generally only about half a point
behind Voyager.  DS9 averages a couple of points ahead of us.

      BTW, I found out the other day that apparently when Scott Adams had done
the Dilbert cover story, he'd intended for B5 to get the cover, but the folks
at TV Guide put Star Trek on at the last minute because they felt it would sell
more copies.