JMS on CompuServe (Jun 06, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Jun 6 16:16:24 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #674523-Length of TV movies?
    Sb: #674709-JMS/B5 in Newsweek!
    Sb: #674744-#'Drop Dead' Date?
    Sb: #674769-Vorlon Homeworld
    Sb: #674837-News on Pilot/2ndy Chars
    Sb: #674669-No Surrender No retreat
    Sb: #674600-Fan Club
    Sb: #674811-JMS/B5 in Newsweek!
    Sb: #674661-#The Big Day!
    Sb: #674938-logo copyright?
    Sb: #674965-The Big Day!
    Sb: #674989-<Irritation Threshold>

 #: 674857 S5/Babylon 5: General
    05-Jun-97  23:15:24
Sb: #674523-Length of TV movies?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

How far along are you into filming "Thirdspace"?

      Day 12.

Will it continue throughout the month of June?

      Another couple of days.

And when will filming of "In the Beginning" start.

      The very next day, wrapping on June 30th.

And approximately when will these movies air on TNT?

      January 1998 for the prequel, the second movie either 18 or 36 weeks
thereafter.

One more question...Will these movies chronicle the path of all the
characters(past & present)to B5?

      Two hours ain't enough time to fit them all in.

    05-Jun-97  15:43:22
Sb: #674536-#JMS/B5 in Newsweek!
Fm: ASHA DEVELDER

Joe,

   Three cheers for TNT!

   Hip hip hooray!
   Hip hip hooray!
   Hip hip hooray!

(giggle)

                     @}-`---,---

 #: 674858 S5/Babylon 5: General
    05-Jun-97  23:26:11
Sb: #674709-JMS/B5 in Newsweek!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'm with you...TNT has been nothing but great in how they're handling B5.

    05-Jun-97  16:29:50
Sb: #'Drop Dead' Date?
Fm: KEVIN P. KENNEY

Now that we're close to it, what's the last day that the renewal news must get
to you by, to continue the actors' options?
Is it after the two movies wrap?

Thanks,
KpK

{Historical Note: Renewal has come one business day before the drop dead date
each of the last three years.}

 #: 674859 S5/Babylon 5: General
    05-Jun-97  23:26:13
Sb: #674744-#'Drop Dead' Date?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Because Warners is working on several options to keep the show on the air
in the absence of PTEN, and a crowded syndication market, they've asked for,
and received, a 30 day extension on the drop dead day from the cast.  So now
they have until July 15th to make it work.

                                                                    jms

 #: 674860 S5/Babylon 5: General
    05-Jun-97  23:26:14
Sb: #674769-Vorlon Homeworld
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      People can *try* to go there....

                                                                    jms

 #: 674861 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    05-Jun-97  23:26:16
Sb: #674837-News on Pilot/2ndy Chars
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"So the Vorlons really look like you, then :-)"

      Well, when *I* look at them, yes....

    05-Jun-97  13:15:07
Sb: #No Surrender No retreat
Fm: BOB KOSLOSKY

JMS,

     I noticed that one of your messages commented on your annoyance with those
that seemingly forgot the "military ethics" aspect of this ep vice the "kill,
destroy, shoot'em up" questions you received.  I am one of those guilty
parties.  So I am addressing this to you to let you know that, as an officer in
the military for 18 years, I did not miss the enormously strong aspects of
military ethics in that ep.   We are sworn to defend the Constitution from
enemies foreign and domestic, BUT, what complicates things is the "extra" to
that vow we swear - AND to OBEY the ORDERS of those appointed above us.  This
is a  dilema that we in the military face constantly and you addressed it in a
superb fasion!  So please, don't get the impression that I was just thinking
about shoot'em and die;  I guess I got too narrow minded  in wanting to see
your usaully excellent FX shoot everyone up in an epic space battle.

Respectfully,

Bob

 #: 674862 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    05-Jun-97  23:26:19
Sb: #674669-No Surrender No retreat
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Not a problem...and yes, that is *precisely* the dilemma faced by any
military officer in this kind of situation.  There is no easy answer, and
rarely a *right* answer.

                                                                    jms

   really a story idea. ]

 #: 674863 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    05-Jun-97  23:26:21
Sb: #674600-Fan Club
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'm sorry, but that *does* constitute a story idea, please refrain from
this in future.

    05-Jun-97  20:21:33
Sb: #674466-#JMS/B5 in Newsweek!
Fm: REBECCA ESCHLIMAN

<< Does Newsweek have a web page? >>

I suspect not yet.  It's certainly not registered in the search engines
the way other periodicals are.

I get Newsweek by subscription, and the weird thing about the B5
article was that it was *not* listed in the Table of Contents!

-rje-

 #: 674885 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Jun-97  03:26:02
Sb: #674811-JMS/B5 in Newsweek!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"I get Newsweek by subscription, and the weird thing about the B5 article was
that it was *not* listed in the Table of Contents!"

      It was a Shadow article....

                                                                    jms

   date for renewal.  He was told June 15, 1997. ]

 #: 674886 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Jun-97  03:26:03
Sb: #674661-#The Big Day!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The info was wrong.  The new date is July 15th.  WB asked for and got an
extension from the cast.

                                                                    jms

   isn't mass produced or sold. ]

 #: 675013 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Jun-97  12:42:09
Sb: #674938-logo copyright?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That sounds about right.

                                                                       jms

   Or is that not unusual?" ]

 #: 675014 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Jun-97  12:42:09
Sb: #674965-The Big Day!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Well, it's the first time they've done it.

    06-Jun-97  11:24:58
Sb: #674539-#<Irritation Threshold>
Fm: DAVID ANDERSON

Last weeks ep was one of my favorites so far, just the right amount of action
and drama. This whole season has been quite a ride!

My wife hates what's happening to Garabaldi.  I hope he snaps out of it before
she quits watching.

Later..

David Anderson
Everett, WA

 #: 675015 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    06-Jun-97  12:42:10
Sb: #674989-<Irritation Threshold>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Tell her to hold on for just a bit more.