JMS on CompuServe (Mar 11, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Mar 11 23:52:06 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #655917-#Is The Great Maker Here?
    Sb: #656000-jms in Orlando
    Sb: #656001-jms in Orlando
    Sb: #655956-#Support Letters.
    Sb: #655960-First-season reruns
    Sb: #655909-Delenn and the Truth
    Sb: #655984-Delenn and the Truth
    Sb: #655925-Who cares about truth?

 #: 655917 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Mar-97  17:19:49
Sb: #655887-#Is The Great Maker Here?
Fm: DAWN L. LOW

>> I'd be hard to pick an absolute favorite; I like all of them, for various
reasons, and at various times.  If you put a gun to my head, I'd say it was
probably either Delenn or Londo, because of the many shades to their
characters.  They're like crystals, they change color and texture depending on
how the light shines through them.<<
        That's pretty cool.  Londo tends to waiver between good and bad.  It's
hard to make up my mind, though at the moment I'm leaning towards good because
I can see that he clearly cares about his people.  Delenn and Sheridan are my
favorites.  They're like two rocks standing in the middle of a rushing river
and never losing ground.
        Can you give us any hints about what will happen to Garibaldi? He's
acting stranger and stranger.  Who would have thought that he'd resign- what
does the Psi Corps have in mind for him? (Or is that all too much to give
away?)

Dawn

 #: 656158 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-97  14:42:45
Sb: #655917-#Is The Great Maker Here?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I think that would give away half the fun of what's coming.

                                                                    jms

   MegaCon in Orlando this weekend. ]

 #: 656159 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-97  14:42:48
Sb: #656000-jms in Orlando
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I don't recall a 1 pm Sunday session, but it's possible.

    10-Mar-97  20:40:57
Sb: #655883-#jms in Orlando
Fm: RON CHUSID

Is Megacon the real reason you are going to Orlando? I think you're going to do
research on the Disney Planet with Garabaldi mentioned. <g>

By the way, your mention of the Disney Planet was noted in the Florida Forum,
and there was a small thread on it. I recall speculating on the differences in
the theme resorts based upon the Centauri versus the Narn homeworlds.

 #: 656160 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-97  14:42:49
Sb: #656001-jms in Orlando
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I find this vaguely unnerving....

    10-Mar-97  18:12:36
Sb: #Support Letters.
Fm: JOHN M. GRAHAM

Over the last two years,  I have written my local station in NY and WB in
strong support of B5 (something I've never even considered for any other show).
It seems that it is time to do so again.

My question is, where do we need the most pull, WB, our local stations, or
both?  I've seen conflicting ideas, and would like to know from the horses
mouth, so to speak!  Note, WOR in NY has stated in their last letter to me that
they would air B5 as long as WB made it available.  Should I trust them?

Thanks.  -John

 #: 656161 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-97  14:42:52
Sb: #655956-#Support Letters.
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      At this point, I'd hold off until we see which way this goes....

                                                                    jms

   repeated in between new episodes as is done with other shows like
   X-Files. ]

 #: 656162 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Mar-97  14:42:54
Sb: #655960-First-season reruns
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I know, I know, I know....

      At least we'll get 'em finally on TNT.

    10-Mar-97  17:02:56
Sb: #655893-#Delenn and the Truth
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

    "She'll never tell him."

    You sly dog.  We're wise to you now, mister.  So, she'll never tell him.
But you, of course, did not rule out the possibility of someone *else* telling
him.

    Which will get her into even more trouble, and we know how much you love
torturing your characters.  You are a sadist, you know.

  -- Brent

 #: 656163 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Mar-97  14:42:56
Sb: #655909-Delenn and the Truth
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"You are a sadist, you know."

      Thankyew....

    10-Mar-97  20:01:27
Sb: #655893-#Delenn and the Truth
Fm: SCOTT BAKER

>> Because it's over...what would be the point, except to ruin what they have
now. <<

Doesn't he suspect to some degree?  He knows she was on the Grey Council, he
knows she knows about Sinclair, isn't there the possibility he'll put 2 and 2
together?  We've seen him put other things together with less to go on.

Also, doesn't she to some degree want forgiveness from him for her part in the
war?

--Scott

 #: 656164 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Mar-97  14:42:59
Sb: #655984-Delenn and the Truth
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The reality is...in war, one does what one does.  Afterward, as we heal,
we try to forget what we did, and what they did.  He killed as many Minbari as
he could; she was on the Grey Counci that directed the war.  One doesn't go
into it.

    10-Mar-97  17:46:16
Sb: #Who cares about truth?
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

    On a more serious note, though, Joe, you ask "what would be the point" of
Delenn telling Sheridan of her role in the war.  I have only one point to
offer: Because it's the truth.

    Because it's who she was.  And we are only the sum total of what we are
born with and what we have done with our lives.  For Delenn to deny her past to
Sheridan would be to deny who she is to Sheridan.

    I have found that when you love someone as fully as I suspect Delenn loves
Sheridan, you feel a great need to tell secrets.  You feel a great desire to
share all that you are and all that you were with that very special other half
of your soul.

    And, even if love wasn't motivation enough for her to come clean with her
life, shouldn't truth be?  What the hell has she been fighting for all this
time?  I was under the impression that her battles against the Grey Council,
against the Shadows and then the Vorlons, and, most recently, against Callenn
and ignorance, were battles in defense of the truth.  But truth doesn't apply
to her?

    I don't see that.  She's often made it clear that she holds the same moral
barometer to herself as she does to everyone else.  Was it all just a
convenient lie to her?

    Either you've got one hell of a convincing and flawed character there, in
which case we'll see her punished for it in the end, or she's going to be way
out of character by not saying a thing about her past to the man she was
willing to die to be with for all eternity.

  -- Brent

 #: 656165 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Mar-97  14:43:01
Sb: #655925-Who cares about truth?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Ah, but Minbari never tell anyone the whole truth....

Notice:

This message was found in a dead-letter box and appears to be for you.
If you have already gotten a copy of this message, we beg your tolerance.

The Unix Systems Group