JMS on CompuServe (May 01, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu May 1 16:33:01 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #665599-#Hugo Ballot Announced!
    Sb: #665681-Season finale
    Sb: #665679-#B5: A Soap Opera
    Sb: #665815->>Racing Mars<< worries
    Sb: #665899-B5 Fan Club Note (jms)

 #: 665599 S5/Babylon 5: General
    29-Apr-97  10:52:53
Sb: #665536-#Hugo Ballot Announced!
Fm: DAVID GERROLD

Suggest it to the Worldcon committee.

FYI, I've written them a letter pointing out the dilemma, but I have not
suggested or requested any specific resolution.

Mike Glyer thinks the best way would be for the DS9 writers to get the
rocketship and for me to get the base, but I think he was kidding.  <g>

 #: 665752 S5/Babylon 5: General
    29-Apr-97  19:27:59
Sb: #665599-#Hugo Ballot Announced!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Glyer's solution is workable unless you can determine if any of the
other writers involved are baser than you are....

                                                                       jms

   air. ]

 #: 665778 S5/Babylon 5: General
    29-Apr-97  21:05:44
Sb: #665681-Season finale
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'm shooting the season finale for year 5 right now, and directing it.
Assuming a 5th season, this would be aired as 522 instead of 422, with 501
moved into the 422 spot.

                                                                    jms

   the evidence below. ]

 #: 665813 S5/Babylon 5: General
    29-Apr-97  23:42:27
Sb: #665679-#B5: A Soap Opera
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"...there's been a really startling lack of adultery, fornication, kinky sex,
overt blackmail and the sort of tangled family tree that makes
Sinclair/Valen/Delenn look absolutely pedestrian."

      Damn, I knew I was forgetting *something*....

    30-Apr-97  00:01:08
Sb: #665302-#>>Racing Mars<< worries
Fm: HUGH KENNEDY

>>If it weren't for doctrine, a lot of the world's religions would get along
a lot better, because the core roots of their beliefs aren't that dissimilar,
it's the interpretation and the rules that grew up around them that seem to
cause all the trouble. <<

Nicely put and here is one example that I love:

Christians: Sunday is day of rest.
Jews:       Saturday is day of rest.
Muslims:    Friday is day of rest.

Why?

Sorry for the divergence.

Hugh.

 #: 665876 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-Apr-97  11:13:31
Sb: #665815->>Racing Mars<< worries
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Joe: There is no rest.

    30-Apr-97  13:08:10
Sb: #665325-#B5 Fan Club Note (jms)
Fm: DAWN L. LOW

Joe,

Wow.  What you're doing is great.  I've been thinking about joining the fan
club for  a while, and now I think I will.  Could you please give me the
address?

Thanks,
Dawn

 #: 666026 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Apr-97  22:58:00
Sb: #665899-B5 Fan Club Note (jms)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'll post the full info again when I feel we're ready to gear up.  And
thanks....