JMS on CompuServe (Nov 04, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Nov 4 18:29:57 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #5249-New B5 Logo on Ace Awds
    Sb: #5107-#Last episode #
    Sb: #5190-The Gathering re-edit
    Sb: #5243-<<Deconstruction>>
    Sb: #5033-The Last ep (wow)
    Sb: #5134-#DoFS
    Sb: #5218-The One <Deconstruction>
    Sb: #5240-#The One <Deconstruction>

   this poster jokes, "What????  You screwed up????  The Great Maker
   screwed up?????" ]

 #: 5255 S1/Forum&Technical Hlp
    03-Nov-97  23:47:02
Sb: #5249-New B5 Logo on Ace Awds
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Of course I make the same mistake.

      I just never make the same mistake *twice*.

      I go on to find new ones....

                                                                    jms

   like the end of the series.  Is this true?" ]

 #: 5257 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Nov-97  23:47:03
Sb: #5107-#Last episode #
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope, it's still going on...S5 begins next January on TNT.

                                                                    jms

 #: 5258 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Nov-97  23:47:03
Sb: #5190-The Gathering re-edit
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Will the 14 minutes being restored to "The Gathering" include Marianne
Robertson's "hostage" scene?"

      Yup.

                                                                    jms

 #: 5259 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  23:47:03
Sb: #5243-<<Deconstruction>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, Stephen also directed The Illusion of Truth.

                                                                    jms

   years no less. ]

 #: 5251 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  23:19:11
Sb: #5033-The Last ep (wow)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      If you play back the segment, the computer notes that the "atypical
solar emissions" are getting stronger...so clearly something not natural is
going on with the sun.

                                                                    jms

 #: 5134 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  13:39:08
Sb: DoFS
Fm: KOSLOSKY

JMS,

I have a bet riding on this.  Some of my office co-workers believe that in the
next to last scene involving the monks that Jason Carter (aka Marcus) was the
doubting monk sans beard.  I say no;  they say yes.  What say ye?

If you have time, after watching this ep half a dozen times, what were you
attempting to convey?

Respectfully,

Bob

 #: 5260 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  23:47:04
Sb: #5134-#DoFS
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Your friends should understand that the actors credits are always given
in an episode; so no, that wasn't Jason.

                                                                    jms

 #: 5261 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  23:47:04
Sb: #5218-The One <Deconstruction>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

1.  Is Sheridan the "One Who Will Be" because he stops the Vorlon/Shadow war
and ends the reign of the First Ones? Is it because he is the founder of the
new Interstellar Alliance?  Or is there yet another (currently unrevealed)
reason?

      That's part of it, and what he grows into.

2. Did Zathras see the founding of the new Alliance, or just the end of the
Vorlon/Shadow war?

      I think he had a sense of it.

3.  Does "The One" take on a different meaning beyond the
Sinclair/Valen-Delenn-Sheridan trilogy in the *future*?

      Depends on how you look at it.

                                                                    jms

 #: 5240 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  21:59:14
Sb: #The One <Deconstruction>
Fm: SCHMULENSON

I have a couple problems with deconstruction- I watched it twice and still
can't figuer out how the future was transmitted? was it a sheridan dream and
not a real future? There didn't seem to be a mechanism(dramatic) like the
computer on Epilon 3 that was previously used. The time periods seemed
disjointed perhaps it needed two or three programs to develop?
There is also the one who is to come in the Grey council's circle of Naroon?
What has happened to Valen(we still don't know)
Phyllis

 #: 5262 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  23:47:04
Sb: #5240-#The One <Deconstruction>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The future wasn't being transmitted back; we were seeing the records of
the past from the point of view of the final character, one million years
hence, who has come to collect them prior to the final chapter in Earth's
history.