JMS on CompuServe (Nov 30, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sun Nov 30 12:58:09 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #7916-I am not a Number !!!!
    Sb: #7947-#I am not a Number !!!!
    Sb: #8133-Between
    Sb: #8165-LOSCON: Sunday Still On?

   in one form or another.  I think what a writer now brings to the table
   is his/her own settings, set of details, [and] of course twists." ]

 #: 7955 S3/Bab 5:International
    26-Nov-97  12:57:13
Sb: #7916-I am not a Number !!!!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  Yes, there are themes that are eternal and metamorphose and are
reinvented regularly; that's the point of myth and the art of storytelling, so
I agree with your premise.  Each generation sees these elements differently.

                                                                    jms

   anyway?" ]

 #: 7956 S3/Bab 5:International
    26-Nov-97  12:57:13
Sb: #7947-#I am not a Number !!!!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The *problem* is that it didn't happen that way, for starters, and it
makes it into something more appropos for a fanzine.  Basically, if you spent
all summer building a car, and somebody said you just bought it from somebody
else, no matter how nice that other car might be, how good it would be to be
associated with it...you put in a hell of a lot of work building it, and to be
offhandedly told otherwise is annoying.

      And, again, it just diminishes the implications, makes it safe...it's
not about the real world, it's just about the Prisoner.

                                                                    jms

   rescue, but JMS confuses 419 with 420. ]

 #: 8177 S3/Bab 5:International
    29-Nov-97  03:30:11
Sb: #8133-Between
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"What was needed was at least talk of a major Mars resistance attack occuring
at the same time to draw off the security."

      There was.  Go back to the scene on the Apollo when the first word of
attacks comes in...it says specifically that they're hitting a number of
places *including* a White Star hitting that particular base.

                                                                    jms

 #: 8300 S2/Bab 5: General
    29-Nov-97  23:03:05
Sb: #8165-LOSCON: Sunday Still On?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, the Sunday 1:30 presentation is still on.  What follows after is
not clear; I'm supposed to be autographing, but the program mentions the HE
interview, so I'm not sure what's up there.  The opening ceremony was over
quickly, so you missed it...but I did a couple of other panels during the day,
as well as a quick blip-in at Hour 25.