JMS on CompuServe (Oct 17, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Oct 17 19:19:43 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #1437-#B5 Sierra software?
    Sb: #1559-B5 Sierra software?
    Sb: #1499-Gathering re-edit?
    Sb: #1555-<BTWN Darkness/Light>
    Sb: #1604-#<Darkness>
    Sb: #1704->>Compliment : Endgame<<

 #: 1437 S2/Bab 5: General
    14-Oct-97  21:58:09
Sb: #1310-B5 Sierra software?
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

>>I saw something to the effect that Hamilton had *not* cancelled the plates,
and was wondering why they weren't getting any orders...
   One or the other statement is a hoax, apparently.  I don't care for plates
myself, but those who do would be wise to double-check on this.<<

	Actually, nothing would surprise me anymore, though a few people here
did say they called and were all told the same thing. I suppose I have nothing
to lose by calling Hamilton myself though.  ;)

 #: 1706 S2/Bab 5: General
    16-Oct-97  22:28:12
Sb: #1437-#B5 Sierra software?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Apparently, Hamilton tested the plates in their usual areas (with
regular consumers and ST fans) and this "research" told them there wasn't any
kind of market for B5 collectibles.

      I let this pass without comment.

                                                                    jms

 #: 1559 S2/Bab 5: General
    15-Oct-97  21:35:08
Sb: #1018-B5 Sierra software?
Fm: RAY PELZER

Hm.... Is the B5 Guide CDRom the one you considered putting passwords & locks
into to release spoiler information as the new seasons progressed?

 #: 1705 S2/Bab 5: General
    16-Oct-97  22:28:12
Sb: #1559-B5 Sierra software?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, this was something we couldn't work into this version...though there
is one little extra hidden in the disk somewhere...sort of an easter egg,
something that won't come around for almost a year in the show.

                                                                    jms

 #: 1499 S2/Bab 5: General
    15-Oct-97  13:15:07
Sb: Gathering re-edit?
Fm: ELIZABETH

Hi, Joe.

I've heard a rumor that the re-edit of "The Gathering" has been approved.
They said they got it off the newsgroup, but I don't have access to the
newsgroup.  Could you confirm/deny?  Also, what changes exactly will be made?
I saw a note from you earlier about what you *wanted* to do, but that was a
while ago.

Elizabeth
PS -  Really enjoyed "Between the Darkness and the Light."  Thanks so much!

 #: 1707 S2/Bab 5: General
    16-Oct-97  22:28:13
Sb: #1499-Gathering re-edit?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yep, we're working on the re-edit now.  There's still just so much that
can be done, we can't shoot new material...but it's still going to be tighter,
with additional material, new music, and new CGI in many places.

                                                                    jms

 #: 1708 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    16-Oct-97  22:28:13
Sb: #1555-<BTWN Darkness/Light>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"If we want to be logical here, it really seems improbable that a White Star
could run into a piece of debris.  Ok, the pilot (Marcus) wasn't paying
attention, they were at high speeds and visability was poor."

      Well, if you want to go back and listen to what's being said in the
episode, Marcus calls out that the navigational system was damaged, and they
were trying to repair when the big chunk of debris hit them.  They couldn't
get out of the way for that reason.

                                                                    jms

 #: 1604 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    16-Oct-97  08:34:14
Sb: #1573-<Darkness>
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>      I think you just paraphrased most of the Book of Job....

So did you.

Well, it is the best written book in the Bible.

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

 #: 1711 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    16-Oct-97  23:59:07
Sb: #1604-#<Darkness>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Well, it is the best written book in the Bible."

      Well...the best *story*, with some of the best writing...but there's
stuff in Proverbs, Psalms, and the Song of Solomon (which sometimes gets a bit
over-written and racy) that can give it a run for its money.

      There was some good writing back in the old testament...before it got
all showbiz and high-concept....

                                                                    jms

   poster's spouse said, "You know, Straczynski is such a great writer, you
   just don't know.  51% of me says 'yes' and 49% says 'no.'" ]

 #: 1712 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    16-Oct-97  23:59:07
Sb: #1704->>Compliment : Endgame<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI