JMS on CompuServe (Oct 19, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Oct 20 02:52:17 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #2117-<Darkness>
    Sb: #2084-<<Endgame>>
    Sb: #2135-<<421/Empire of Light>>

   kind of DS9 imitation (blame UK TV for putting it on at my children's
   tea time - when the TV is OFF)  I ws prompted to watch it by the switch
   to an 11pm slot and the ravings of an on-line friend on another
   system........ 2 episodes in a row was enough to hook me for ever" ]

 #: 2188 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    19-Oct-97  22:12:10
Sb: #2117-<Darkness>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, and welcome to the party.

                                                                    jms

 #: 2196 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    19-Oct-97  22:45:06
Sb: #2084-<<Endgame>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"BTW --- I would like to see a female portrayed as an "evil dictator" once in
a while. We've gotten to the point where we can routinely portray women in
power...but we seem to have a problem believing that somehow they are immune
to the same faults that a man in power can have."

      Ah.

      So...still single, then?

                                                                    jms

 #: 2135 (C) S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    19-Oct-97  17:07:21
Sb: <<421/Empire of Light>>
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

Joe,

    What a very upbeat end to 2261.  Even the obvious ominous warnings
(Bester, the future of Edgars Industries, the story told by Delenn at
the end) didn't change that.  And I could hear a multitude of voices
and see a multitude of meanings in Delenn's final speech about Babylon
Five enduring.  It will, Joe.  It will.  Even in our real 2261, I bet
people will still speak of your work here.

    Finally!  You've given us a wonderfully sweet end to a tag, not
followed by some horrible thing!  :-)  This time, we end on a shot of
the honeymooning couple, then transition to an uplifting voice-over by
the heart and soul of Babylon 5, Delenn.

    Of course, even though you didn't intend for it to happen, I was
still shaken to my core after that lovely closing scene.  Out of your
sphere, WB pieced together a preview for next week's episode which
included a shot of a *very* old Delenn.  Coming from that emotional
high, I about had a coronary when I saw that.  Yikes!  Her makeup looks
like she just came from the grave and was driven to the studio by her
pal, the Crypt Keeper!  Jesus Effin Christ, Man!  :-)  I guess I'll
have to re-watch that promo over and over again to de-sensitize myself
to that image, so that we won't have to put 911 on alert next week.

    Heck, even G'Kar's little stunt couldn't dampen the end of this one.
And forget Sheridan, I only hope Delenn doesn't find out what G'Kar did,
or that marsupial will lose more than just an eye.  :-)

    Now we know what you always meant by "Empire Building."  Well done.
Well done to all of you.  If this had been it, I would've walked away
with a great big smile and a full heart.

  -- Brent

P.S. Minneapolis?!  :-)

 #: 2189 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    19-Oct-97  22:12:10
Sb: #2135-<<421/Empire of Light>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"If this had been it, I would've walked away with a great big smile and a full
heart."

      Exactly..it doesn't *end* the story, as people kept saying, "Oh, the arc
is being finished in year 4," it provides a sense of *resolution*, which is
different altogether, and leaves plenty of room for other planned stuff.