JMS on CompuServe (Oct 23, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Oct 23 19:25:03 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #2302-#Claudia
    Sb: #2427-Engame COmments
    Sb: #2397-#JMS: Did I see a Vulcan?
    Sb: #2294-#Green Mars? <<Endgame>>

   you? Or rather a Claudia Christian fan? If you are a 'Babylon 5' fan
   you'll get over this - trust me!" ]

 #: 2994 S2/Bab 5: General
    22-Oct-97  22:51:10
Sb: #2302-#Claudia
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"If Claudia really wanted to stay, why did she demand more money for less work
then, while everyone else accepted a cutback due to the reduced budget (caused
by the shift to TNT)?"

      One of the annoying tragedies of this whole thing is that the above
misinformation has gotten coin.  Nobody was asked to, or accepted, a cutback
in salary.  Every cast member got their salary bumps this year.  The ONLY
change in that respect is that series produced for cable operate on a
different residuals structure than network (big residuals) or syndication
(medium residuals)...in cable, the amount an actor receives over double-scale
is applied as an advance against royalties.  Once that advance is burned
through, which in the case of some actors on B5 happens in just a few runs of
the show, the residuals kick in again.

      Thanks again for standing up for the facts.

                                                                    jms

 #: 2427 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    20-Oct-97  21:07:14
Sb: #2265-Engame COmments
Fm: MARA K. MALOVANY

>>Worked for me.  I got a bit teary eyed on that scene.  She had probably been
jailed in not very good conditions for over a year with no hope of release,
and was just getting back to her normal life.  What could be more emotional
than that?<<

	Worked for me too.  When the episode with ISN getting taken over by
Clark aired, she made me cry.  The second I saw her in Endgame, I got
teary-eyed again.
	I've been thinking about the rapidity of her return to ISN.  I agree
that there wasn't time to break her out of prison and get her old dressing
room back for the morning news, but then I was reminded of what the
interrogator had said to Sheridan in IiRT, about how they wanted him to be
seen by the public after making his confession so they'd believe it.  I would
imagine that, considering how widely recognized she must have been, she got a
dose of the same treatment.  So she might have been 'free' for some time.  And
the Resistance would have made regaining control of ISN one of their top
priorities--what's the point of winning a revolution if you can't let anyone
know about it?<g>

Mara

 #: 2995 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    22-Oct-97  22:51:10
Sb: #2427-Engame COmments
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"I've been thinking about the rapidity of her return to ISN.  I agree that
there wasn't time to break her out of prison and get her old dressing room
back for the morning news"

      When the Soviet Union fell, and the prison doors were thrown open, a
number of reporters who had fallen out of favor with the Party and were
sitting in cells walked out, went across the street, and went on the air
within a matter of hours.

      Humans are resilient and determined sorts.

                                                                    jms

 #: 2397 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    20-Oct-97  19:47:05
Sb: JMS: Did I see a Vulcan?
Fm: LAURENCE MORONEY

In 'Between the Darkess and the Light', at one point there is a scene with
Delenn stepping out of an elevator to be intercepted by Lennier to take her to
the council.

As she steps out of the elevator a person passes her, going *in* to the
elevator, and he appears to be wearing Spocks ears.

Is this my misperception or are you giving a little nod to the trekkies
everywhere....

Laurence

 #: 2996 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    22-Oct-97  22:51:10
Sb: #2397-#JMS: Did I see a Vulcan?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, no Trek ears, no Vulcans.  Wrong universe.

                                                                    jms

   gravity to 1-gee, too." ]

 #: 2993 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    22-Oct-97  22:51:09
Sb: #2294-#Green Mars? <<Endgame>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, there was no change to the gravity...what should we see to show that
the gravity was still less?  Someone like Garibaldi is still going to weight
about 75 pounds, so he's not about to go around floating or bouncing, that's
pretty solid.  I don't see many 13-year-olds walking around like they're on
the moon....